Wednesday, March 15, 2006

MTV Presents........ Pimp My Congressman's Ride !



Congratulations!! This is post Number 100....... obviously we here at SC6 focus on quantity, not quality. You may have noticed that I finally have added some pics to the posts. I entered the 21st Century yesterday with the addition of my new Dell laptop. I must say, it works a lot better than my NEC desktop with Windows 98!! Welcome to the present, Mike.

As Jumbo Clyburn would say, "Where is the outrage?"....... According to reports, 136 members of Congress reportedly had their leased cars paid for by...you guessed it...... the American taxpayers! While $1.05 million of a multi-trillion dollar budget may seem insignificant, it is uglier than a free leased car.

It's not just that they get a free car - they get paid for excess mileage, insurance, gas, oil changes and maintenance, taxes and registration. They pay for nothing!! Like an unconcerned parent with their teenage kids, the government just throws them the keys, and says , "have a good time". See, I knew that I was going for the right job!

Of course, my buddy Jim is one of the 136 people on the Hall of Shame - if it's free, Jim's on line - kinda like his Fish Fry. JC spent about $6100, about average for the House Abuser. I was surprised to see Joe Wilson listed near the top -about 9K for a Ford Escape. I hope it was a hybrid. However, the crown goes to Rep. Mike Ross (D-AR), who spent a whopping $36,000 last year on THREE CARS!! Good Luck trying to get re-elected , Mike!

Perhaps running for Congress was a bad idea all along.....I might have had a stroke if I knew how much Congress is ripping off the public. These aren't perks.......It's BS.

1 comment:

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm not sure who posted this, but trust me, you can't make money taking surveys or watching TV. Get a job, bust your butt and enjoy what you do.