Saturday, March 24, 2007

Who's Going to the Final Four?? Read Below For My Picks.....



Well, I made a nice comeback in Round 3 this week. I went 6-2, and for 32 minutes I looked like a genius for picking Southern Cal over the Tar Heels. Moye must have been having a heart attack in that one. That makes me a pretty sharp 42-14 overall (75%). If only my success rate with the women was as good!

This weekend, the winners get to cut some nets, and go onto whereever the Final Four is. I don't have tickets, so why should I know. Since there are only 4 picks, I'll tell you who i'm picking and why........

Midwest Region:

Oregon has played pretty well getting, but they are small, small, small !! Their backcourt is 6'0 and 5'6 - and Florida isn't just taller, they are more talented. Put Noah 15 feet out with his arms up, and they'll never see the rim. Florida, 77-66.

West Region:

Kansas and UCLA could be nice. UCLA has played all their games in California, but they haven't dominated like they're at home. Kansas is probably the weakest of the No. 1's, but they're here. The Bruins have a good mix of shooters, and they're still in Cali, so I'll take 'em. UCLA 64-62.

South Region:

Memphis has won 25 in a row, Ohio State has won 20 in a row - something's gotta give... The Buckeyes have gotten here despite Greg Oden not really lighting it up. Oden will be the difference. they are the better team in the better conference, and most of the games are playing out that way this year. Ohio State, 70-63.

East Region:

A rematch of the '82 Championship game. Both teams had tough games last time out, but North Carolina had a gear that Georgetown doesn't. They are deeper, and they have more scorers, led by Tyler Hansborough, who was invisible last game. If Roy Hibbert gets in foul trouble again, the Hoyas are in big trouble, so expect the Hoyas to be in big trouble. North Carolina, 76-61.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, 75% ain't bad...

Anonymous said...

Well it is over for the ACC and me. Sitting here in my hotel room it the Metro Tallahassee area watching Clemson and Air Force in the NIT. The Tournament of losers hoping my Tigers can win one more. The Lady Tar Heels are winning but it ain't over either.

Anonymous said...

Finally Clemson won now I can go to bed.