Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I'm a Congressman, I'm Ignorant, and I Like It That Way..


For years, I've complained that Congress has no part in investigating sterois in baseball, mainly because they don't know shit about baseball. The second reason is that Congress just doesn't know shit in general. For those who disagree, I give you Rep. Christopher Shays (R-CT). Here is a sampling of his comments during the recent hearings.....
He kept referring to former Baltimore Orioles star Rafael Palmeiro as "Palmeri".
He mentioned an incident after Palmeiro got his '300th hit' - he meant his 3000th hit...
He called the steroids scandal as the worst scandal in baseball since the 1919 "Black Hawks Scandal" - referring to the Black Sox scandal...
Guys, there are plenty of things that I'd like investigated, but if I don't my ass from my elbow about it, I'd pass. But Shays remained undaunted about it. When asked about his obvious errors, Shays replied, "I could care less".......... Of course, he should have said "I COULDN'T care less". Quit when you're behind, Chris !!
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just because the guy dont know shit about baseball dont mean he is dumb. we know your blood is pin stripe.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No, but he is dumb because he leads a Congressional investigation on a topic he doesn't know anything about. No doubt some Yanks will get in trouble with steroids. We'll just buy some new guys!

Anonymous said...

hey...be nice to the jackass Mike Ringo!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hey Bobby, that Mike Rhino !

Anonymous said...

I'm using a keyboard thank you...