Thursday, September 11, 2008

SC6 Rewinds a Classic Cartoon: The Ant and the Aardvark...

I'll Get You, YOU STUPID ANT !!!!!!!

You're probably asking, 'How did you get on the idea of an old cartoon from the 1970's?' It's kinda odd.... I was at work with Rick, and he was playing the Frank Sinatra Channel on Pandora radio, so naturally I start imitating Franco . You know.... "Hey Jack ! Me and Dino are tag-teaming Liza Minelli at The Sands in Vegas.....". Rick's a big Dean Martin fan (who knew), so I start doing my drunk Dean Martin impression, which naturally led me to The Ant and the Aardvark....

If you're no familiar with the cartoon, it was a between cartoon toon on the old Pink Panther show when I was a little kid. Dean Martin was the voice of the Ant, and Jackie Mason (the jewish guy from 'The Jerk') was the Aardvark. It was like Tom and Jerry, or the Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote, but they did get along a little better - but not by much..... I used to watch this with my siblings all the time when we were little kids...

Enough explaining.... Here's a YouTube clip of the Duo...Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr815IgTsDo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't remember the laugh track, but classic none-the-less.

Anonymous said...

O-M-G! Where did you find this??!! I forgot about that one!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Like I said, it just came up in conversation... Glad I could jog a memory or two...

Anonymous said...

Lots of wonderful reading here, thank you! I had been checking on yahoo when I discovered your article, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to a lot more from you.