Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time to Get Yo' Ass Out Da' House, And Go to the Striped Bass Festival !!


I'll Be Kickin' It In Manning For The 4th Time This Saturday .....
Yep, it's time to reintroduce our old installment that we used to call "Get Yo Ass Out Da' House", where we give yuo suggestions to do something - ANYTHING - to get outside for once..
Saturday is our old favorite, the Striped Bass Festival in Manning ! This will be my 4th time in the parade on Saturday morning. Once again, I get to throw candy - or Reino for Congress Pens - to kids literally killing each other for free crap. It's classic....
The other part I'm wonderign about is what the weather will be like. It's always either freezing , or about 100 degrees. In 2005, it was so hot that there were thousands of people huddling in the shade by the Court House, trying to escape the heat. It was an experience.....
Of course, there's a lot more than just the parade. There are plenty of chotzky and food vendors to curb your thirst, hunger or need for stuff. Afterwards, they have a truck pull, beauty pageant, and live music. lastly, on Sunday, they have a regatta on the lake . As far as festivals go, the Striped Bass Festival is one of the better ones that I've been to. Here's the link from the Clarendon County Chamber of Commerce. Hope to see you there - you can buy me a soda!
.

12 comments:

Jimmy said...

What float/group will you be marching with?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'll be dancing with the Manning High School Step Team - I go by the name Tanisha... Actually, I'll be driving with the Clarendon GOP.

pluvlaw said...

I may be headed down there this weekend, but just to perform my own little marine parade. The only throwing I will be doing is emptys in the live well. Are you going to go out on the water at all?

Anonymous said...

Mike, remember, this isn't Madi Gras, you don't get to shout show us your boobs (unless ehy're in a position to point at John Land and Jim Clyburn)...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

NO BEADS this year??!! Damn! P-Luv, unless Moye talks me into hanging out at the Slough for a bit, I will likely just head hoem, and do some more work on the house.

mg said...

Sorry Mike the boat is in the shop they have a back log of work and said it will be two weeks at the earliest.

mg said...

You know Mike maybe if you aint too busy you can spend the night at the Slough and we will check with Earl after the Berkeley Convention and see if he wants to come down for the evening for a beer or two. That way P-luv can give us a call and we can incite a riot. A friend of mine from Cleveland a very liberal Democrat by the way is at the Villas and we can really have some serious discussions.

Hemingway Fan said...

What about covering the Kingstree BBQ Festival and the Hemingway Shag and BBQ Festival or the Greeleyville Flag Day Festival or the Andrews Festival. Was at the Striped Bass Festival in Manning today seen you driving the Clarendon GOP around. Nice job heard you did not run over anyone. In fact I was working the parade seems they borrowed a couple of us to help patrol. Nice people in Manning. Did not have to lock up anyone and that is always a good day.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I've been to the Shag & BBQ once, and Flag Day a couple times, and we're working this all out..

Moye and I were discussing you today - were you the MB cop asking about me at the booth?

Anonymous said...

How about the Westchester scrapple spitting festival?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That would be West Chester, if you're talking about Pa.... I don't think they serve a ton of Scrapple in West Chester, but if you go an hour west to Lancaster, the Scrapple flows like water....

Jackson TN MG said...

West Chester is close to Philly right. If I remember it has some nice boats parked on the water.