Monday, October 22, 2007

Week One of Inside My Brain...


Tell Me About Your Mother.........
I had my first visit with Dr. Bowman today. I had to wait a while, but I had nothing else to do, so it was no big deal. The funny part was everyone asked how I got him to take me as a patient, because he hasn't accepted one in years........... I guess I'm special!!
Today was like Round 1 of a boxing match, except no fighting was involved. It was mainly meeting each other, and talking shop to make sure that we were on the same page. His main request was that I don't question him on his advice. No problem with that - I'm an open book, and I don't know shit about psychiatry.
I spent a little time talking about things at work, home, my parents, and Ms. X........ The only thing I might have trouble is having him understand the relationship. He feels that there is none, and I disagree. Doc Bowman said Ms. X is about Number 100 on the pecking order of importance. I have her a little higher than that. His hope is that I figure it out for myself, so time will tell on that.
Lastly, Doc gave me an article on depression, and I need to highlight traits that I recognize in myself, and to describe me and the world in my view. I don't ask, I just do it and leave it up to him to explain what I'm thinking. It's early, but by the end, I hope I'll understand what makes me tick a bit more, and how to correct it. I had a good time, and i did feel better after coming out. More later on this week...........
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also know a root doctor over in Jamestown that is good can save you some money