Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Out of My Element? I Watch Wrestling Live...

Triple H Lays the Smackdown at the Florence Civic Center...



I've had previous signs that the world is coming to an end. There is a new one - I have witnessed championship wrestling live.... The end is near, folks ! Yes, Mr. Straightlace Republican sat with the good ole boy rednecks and watched Wrasslin'....





Of course, i didn't pay for tickets - I'm kind of a big deal, so these things just fall into my lap. Actually, I was over Bobby's watching the Alabama-Florida game, and Ed Palmer had two extra tickets. Although I wanted to watch the rest of the game, I couldn't resist... Off to the Civic Center we went..




Honestly, if you've never gone, you really should do it at least once - it was freakin' hilarious!! We had second row seats on the second floor level, so we might have been 50 feet from the ring - far enough to not get spit on, but close enough to tell absoultely that wrestling is, uh, choreographed... Don't tell the guys that. They're still about 300 pounds apiece - that part is real. The Great Khali is HUGE .... Here's some pics from the matches:









The Undertaker grabs Edge by the throat... He's actually a really nice guy.








Hornswoggle and his teammate celebrate with his sheleighly - the world's smallest sheleighly!!










I told you Khali was big.....










Yeah, it was a different experience. Not a lot has changed in wrestling since I was in high school - there are Good Guys, Bad Guys, the drama is still the same, and in the end, the good guys always win.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...still no comments on the wrestling...dammit, i'm crackin' skulls.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Shit, no comments on anything... Everyone is on vacation, or I've lost my touch.