Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Search For a Home Is Over At Last !!!

The Bad News Is I Have to Share It With the Dog ....


     After two weeks and viewing nearly a dozen apartments after work or on weekends, I finally found a place that I can live with and afford... It's a relatively small studio apartment, but it's superclean and awesome looking on the inside, with all new appliances and tiled bath.  Best of all, it's in a great neighborhood in Commack (pronounced CO-mack) Long Island. 


    The tab for this place? Only $850 a month. No doubt most of you in SC are gasping right now, but it does includes all utilities, cable and internet. Hey, maybe I can keep the blog going after all.... For around here, that's a pretty good deal, and I cut my commuting time to work in half. Yeah, I could have found a place even closer, but none fit quite right, and the deal with rentals here are one month's rent, one month's security, and one month non-refundable commission the the agent... Mine didn't have one, so I saved a nice chunk o'coin one that deal...


     I might still suggest to a woman 'why don't we go to your place?', but it's not too bad. Better than having to admit I'm staying at a friend's house, right?

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mike, that's a great Christmas gift to yourself...teg

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Tom, if you're paying for it, I don't think it can be construed as a 'Gift'. No matter how much spin I put on it, I'm paying...

mg said...

You got enough room for a couple of Horsemen to visit for a day or two?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

It's a Studio Apt, Moye - no way in Hell!!