Monday, May 30, 2011

Explaining Our Absence ...



        I wanted to drop a note to our readers on a personal note.. Part of what makes SC6 different is that I often will keep you up to date with my personal life. Yes , it usually ends up to the detriment of myself.  But, that is part of what makes this blog great - we pull no punches, and let you in past that fake veil of Superblogger with no conscience..


     Don't think I haven't noticed that the posts have been few and far in between recently. Somehow, the hits to the blog haven't dropped, but that can't last for long. Nothing new eventually ends in less interest..  So, what has been going on?  Mostly, I've been just plain busy. The schedule is still the same - out at 700am, home at 745, with band practice on Mondays... But wait, there's more...


    The social calendar has been quite busy, and that usually means good things, but not really in this case.  Here's the thing: I've been kinda seeing two women sort of at the same time. If either was consistent, I'd say that's correct.  But it's not, so it's ultimately frustrating.  One is in the beginning phase: we've gone out three times over 3-4 weeks. She has a schedule just as bad as mine, with days off not matching mine, and she has a kid to take care of, so I am far down the priority list..... justifiably so.  No idea where this is going, but it's moving about as fast as California falling into the ocean...



    Number 2 is complicated, but let's just put it this way: It's someone I can't have and shouldn't be involved with, but I kind of am.  No, no sex -  it is me we're talking about here.... But, I am basically everything he isn't , except for providing.  That is the frustrating part. Had I done this a long ways back, I would not be in this position. Now I can do 50 things right, but all it takes is for him to do one thing right, and I'm almost back to Square One.  Yeah, that's how it should be, but the regret of not having said these things way back is there..



     Needless to say, all of the bouncing around, and staying out til 400am on work days is wearing on me - especially when it mostly ends up with nothing.  No, this isn't what I planned. I can hardly handle one girlfriend at a time.  Right now, it's like I have two, but I really have none. Worst of both worlds... Typical.  We'll figure this out eventually - or they'll figure it out for me, like usual... Sorry for being out of touch lately.

.

7 comments:

Bobby said...

yeah...feeling a little neglected here too.

Anonymous said...

Mike--two potential girlfriends? Now we finally have an explanation for the earthquake in Japan, tornados in the Midwest, the declining stock market and all the other end of the world events.

If there is any doubt that the world as we know it is coming to an end, between Earl getting married and now you have female interests, what could be left? SC6 and Earl's blogland readers will know it is the end when Moye and I get married (and no not to each other)...teg

mg said...

I second that

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Which are we seconding, Moye? That you feel neglected, or the world is coming to an end?

west_rhino said...

HA! You've been speinding your time in the underground Guiliani 2012 campaign bunker getting the tour bus ready.

You don't fool us Mike. All your gmail are belong to Trump's Bejing Apprentice

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Damn! You've figured me out again, Rhino.... Actually, I've been busy screwing with Anthony Weiner's Twitter account!

pluvlaw said...

Mike, heed the advice from the young gentlemen from the Ridge of Oak...

http://youtu.be/cImWXMoR1PI