Friday, October 27, 2006

The Meeting of Two Great Blogging Minds: SC6 and Crunchy Republican Cross Paths!



















I was on the campaign trail tonight at a Thomas Ravenel function thrown by organizer extraordinaire, Mary Tepper. Mary and Jed's home is fabulous, and they always throw a good party. I worked my way around , and ran into the Queen of Conservative blogging, Sunny Philips herself.
We chatted about various campaigns, and some of which were a bit disappointing. Needless to say, I think we agreed that the two of us are smarter than a couple pros in the business - although Sunny is the only one who actually makes a living in politics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, I think you're missing your mark as an economist when you could develop some strong ammo for campaigns. Maybe "wonkdom" offers a career opportunity for a young single male that you could capitalize by developing positions. See how your first term goes councilman Reino.

Anonymous said...

Sunny is a good person hated to see her leave the SCGOP HQ. She worked hard there you could always get her to help and answer questions and I am sure she works hard in her business. I love to see people become successful in their chosen career. To balance family, friends and business is crucial in life as you know Mike. Contacts. Contacts. Contacts. We all use them to make a living and make friendships. Later Friend. Call you from New Orleans if I ever get out of Chicago that is.

Anonymous said...

Sunny I do plan on making a couple of them Ravenel, Bauer, Sanford and Weathers. Will have to miss Karen. Hope I do see you at one of them as I will be moving fast.