Sunday, October 17, 2010

And Some Things Never Change With Time ...

No Doubt That This Was From the First Half ....

     Two weeks ago, upon my arrival to Flotown, I stopped at All-Star Sports on Second Loop Rd, and bought my first Gamecock jersey - yes, Moye Graham has likely stopped reading this blog now. I just can't pull off orange, Moye... Anyway, I felt it was a magical jersey - a sort of Harry Potter-like garnet miracle worker. For no less than a week after buying it, it pulled off the impossible - a total annihilation of #1 Alabama.

     Back to reality, or as Gamecock fans call it, the usual shit.  I checked in last night twice during the bye-week, er game, with Kentucky.  And somehow the 14-0 and 28-10 thumping I watched turned into a 31-28 loss - the 7th straight road loss for South Carolina.  Guys, unless you play 13 home games, you can't win a National Championship by losing every road game.


    Perhaps if they renamed the city they were playing in Columbia, or played Missouri (Columbia, MO), or at least put up a sign on the opposing stadium that said 'Welcome to Williams-Brice', thye might break the schneid.... Until then, it's just another momentous example of the torture that University of South Carolina football fans endure every Fall. Somehow, this one seems a bit tougher. Must be the jersey - or the Yankee wearing it. Next time, I'll see if the Malocchio works across the Mason-Dixon line.

1 comment:

Moye Graham said...

No Mike I have not quit reading your blog. You would look good in Orange and we do not believe in luck.