Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Loss Among the Four Horsemen ...


By now, many of you are aware of the sudden passing of Earl Capps' brother on Friday. We had second thoughts about posting on this, but Earl has spoken on his blog, along with a couple others as well. We haven't called Earl yet to give yet another message of condolensce or offer to 'help with anything'. The truth is, there is nothing any of can do to help, and being 700 miles away, 'being there' is impossible, with the exception of thinking of our friend....




Some people don't like Earl's opinionated personality on his blog, but our explanation for it is this - politically, he's smarter than you, so deal with it... Some of us just know more than others do. Aside from that, Earl is one of my best friends I have in South Carolina, in politics or any other forum. Honestly, i'm feeling a bit uncomfortable knowing that his brother, Jonathan, died on my birthday - that Earl was leaving me a voicemail birthday wish in his awful NY accent imitation (think Hugh Grant in 'Mickey Blue Eyes') just minutes before the accident. That while I celebrated, Earl was having probably one of the toughest days of his life....




The only solace I can give my Four Horsemen brother is that his brother is in Heaven, and that he should treasure all the memories of his brother. There is no answer to 'why' - things just happen in life to all of us, and time is the only thing that eventually makes it bearable. For all of us, my advice is to tell everyone you love that you love them - today.



.

1 comment:

mg said...

Well said Mike.