Sunday, July 25, 2010

SC6 Music Pick: Gaslight Anthem 'American Slang'

What Exit On the Jersey Turnpike Are You From ???

This week, we finish with our New Music Pick: New Jersey's own The Gaslight Anthem. Yes, whenever you come from the Garden State, you are going to be compared to Bruuuuuuce Springsteen - especally if you encourage it. Actually, geographically speaking, they're closer to Bon Jovi (no one ever gets compared with them). To us, they sound more like Irish Punk bands, like Street Dogs or Flogging Molly.

That happens when your singer is named Brian Fallon (supported by guitarist Alex Rosamilia, bassist Alex Levine and drummer Benny Horowitz), but 'American Slang' is a pretty catchy tune. Bruce would probable approve anyway... Here's the clip for you. Have a great week, but we have two shows next weekend, so our blog may be on hiatus for a bit. Check in anyway....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAqbnTKQBIY

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found your site while surfing the web. I like it very much and I will visit it more often.

Anonymous said...

I have read some of yur posts and I can say that I definitely like them.