Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts: Hot Date Edition

Now Exactly WHERE IS That Outlet At?

It's about 430 now, and I thought we might be done posting for the day earlier... You see, I was expecting to be going out in a little while. I had a date set up with this girl, but she canceled last night due to 'not feeling well'. No problem, I had other plans in case anyway... Word was, we could go out today, but I had to decide what to do - which as most of you know is IMPOSSIBLE for me. So, I said I'll call after doing my usual Sunday routine (groceries, laundry, etc.) about 100PM or so, I thoughtfully picked a place for dinner, called....... and that was 3 hours ago. No, I don't call twice on a first date. Anyway, her loss is your gain, so SC6 is gonna keep the doors open a little longer today. Cue up the music!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFRx4PkXeVM

OK, that enough. I had to pick 'hazy', because no one ever wrote a song with the word 'fuzzy' in it. Jami Gertz was pretty hot back then...... Anyway, we'll start with the weather: pretty damn crappy out today. Not too warm (mid 70's) but it's raining on/off like a mofo today. Did stop long enough to jump in the pool - help my sinuses. Speaking of which, I saw the doctor again this week. My triglicerides were spiked by too much starch at lunch. I fasted this time beofre the blood test, and it was fine. The problem is my bad cholesterol sucks. It's 175, so I'll have to take another test in a month, and if it still sucks, I'll be on some meds...

Not much in politics still, as we enjoy our Summer vacation from politicians.... Rod 'Kennedy Died 50 Years Ago -WTF Is With the Hair?' Blagojevich got hit for lying to the FBI - and nothing else. It did make me wonder how the USDJ would count that going 1-24. Much has been made of conviction rates by prosecutors in our 12th District Solicitor's race. My question is, does the prosecutor count that as 1-0 or 1-23? My guess is they feel a conviction is a conviction is a conviction. Still, I wouldnt go bragging that I handled that case, anymore than Henry McMaster did about the guy in the Pee Dee....

I am impressed with the Democrats and Congress' in general new found enthusiasm for beign tough on poor ethics, starting with .............. Roger Clemens? C'mon people, a guy lies about taking HGH (was that illegal then or not?), and they want to pop him for lying to a bunch of retards (yes, I just called Congress retards-again) about it?

Yesterday was a great day for me personally at work, as I participated in banning a customer from our dealership - for life. Yes, like Joe at the Fruit Stand did to Kramer and Jerry, we kicked this guy out. We all accept a little grief now and there, but when you are consistently an asshole, cursing at everyone in the dealership, not paying for a $300 tire from the last visit becuase you can't seem to miss a NYC pothole, then yes - we will gladly ask you to go any other dealership in the chain. It is OUR right.... Have a nice life, fuckstick.

Back to the 12th Solicitor's race for a second.... I had been sitting back on a scoop I got that a member of the Florence GOP lost their title for endorsing Democrat Ed Clements against Republican Rose Mary Parham in November. We'll not name names, becuase we never got confirmation that it actually happened - we'll just assume it did. The whole thing is kind of stupid on both parts. You can support a Democrat without having to endorse him/her, so why cut your nose off over a Solicitor's race? At the same time, it's much ado about nothing, but there are many people in the Florence GOP who have a personal stake in Parham winning - not to mention they REALLY want a woman to succeed, which is fine. But, rules in the GOP clearly state that you cannot ENDORSE a Democrat, and you give up your gig if you do. If they did, they gotta go...

Useless TV observation: I've been watching 'Bachelor Pad' and 'Real Housewives of DC' , and I haven't seen an interesting thing yet, except the guy who dresses like Don Johnson getting kicked off. Even 16 good looking people get boring when they spend the whole time scheming, rather than hooking up. As far as 'RHDC' - zzzzzzz. The English lady's voice makes me want to strangle her, yes Michaele is too friggin skinny, and of course, the standard assuming that you're a racist for leaving a boring party at a black woman's house. Hey, fried chicken and collard greens ain't for everyone...

Speaking of racially sensitivity, they guy who is pissed at me for my blog post on Roy 'We Can Save You Money' Singleton STILL is sending me hate comments ..... 4 YEARS after the post! Dude, I forgot all about Roy the day after I wrote that, why can't you?

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike-with a 175 the doctor is probably going to put you on a diet and exercise program...welcome to middle age!!

Just a thought-if it is a crime for someone to lie to a Congressional committee, why isn't it a crime for Congress to lie to the American public?

forceofnature said...

No one "lost" their position, she resigned.
http://bettecox.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/i-support-ed-clements-for-re-election-as-solicitor/

forceofnature70 said...

Just to add facts........she did not "lose" her position, she resigned due to her choice to openly support Solicitor Clements.

http://bettecox.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/i-support-ed-clements-for-re-election-as-solicitor/

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That's funny... What you're trying to tell me is that Bette voluntarily resigned on her own volition, with no pressure from the party, and in doing so, threw out about 30 years of working for the GOP - including a stint as State 1st Vice-Chair. Over a Solicitor's race.... Gotcha, but I don't buy it at all. We've had others 'resign' here too, and they sure didn't do it because they wanted to.

mg said...

I would say someone did lose their position.