Monday, September 06, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts: Back to School Edition


For those of you in the Palmetto State, I'm about three weeks late, but up here in Yankeeville, school starts tomorrow. I know Carol is pretty excited to have at least one of the Gruesome Twosome go back for a few hours a day. Anyone who said two is no harder than one is crazy. Two is at least three times harder - ever try to go in two different directions at the same time? Case closed... Anyway, with the kids back at class, things should be a bit more normal around. That is, until the fog clears.....




As always, the weather first. If Hurricane Earl were a Sopranos character, he would no doubt be Big Pussy. Seriously, it hardly rained, and the top winds were 20 MPH. Nothing. Zip.. Since he blew through, it's been perfect - 80 and not a cloud in the sky today. It is supposed to wam into the mid-80's tomorrow, but that's about it. Then comes - FOOTBALL !!! We're all geared up for next Sunday, but we're not sure my Giants are. The defense is already getting grief for a lack of intensity and leadership, which usually means points on the board. It could be a rough one, but not as bad as my fantasy team might have. The draft is Tuesday, but I have no time to be checking waiver wires 24/7. We're gonna suck...




This was an interesting week in the blogosphere, and in real politics locally. First, we'll drop our two cents in for our good friend and fellow Four Horsemen member Earl Capps. I've never seen a non-story get so blown out of proportion, but I guess these things happen. Soemtimes, you try to not rock the boat when an almost laughable story comes across your path - and that's when the mistakes happen. Maybe he was being a bit coy, but Earl did goof a bit by not denying anything with Nikki Haley. It's easy to say now, but if you know nothing happened, then say it. To answer a comment by our good friend West Rhino - and to clear the air - here is my comment. I think I saw Nikki Haley once at a convention. I have never spoken to her, and I certain have never been with our next Governor. End of story. There, I feel better!




Secondly, we got wind of a request for a special meeting of the Florence GOP to discuss and make a reply to a group called Republicans for Ed Clements. For those of you who don't know politics there, there is a VERY blurry line between the parties, particularly with the candidates and electe officials. They often change like the wind, so it's not uncommon to see some 'Republicans' cross party lines, and support a Solicitor who is/isn't a Democrat. The same thing happened 4 years ago to Mark Sanford. Every candidate has a group working against them, and it is not up to the party to devise, finance and produce a counterattack against them. That is the candidate's job, and his/her staff.... We all want all of the GOP candidates to win, but calling special meetings is unnecessary, and taking up the time of committeepeople not active in the campaign. Plus, it gives power to the group your fighting against by acknowledging it. It's best to handle it on your own....



After hearing Alvin Greene, I wonder who'll get a higher vote percentage - Jim DeMint, or Curtis Loftis, who is running unopposed....... Meanwhile, a happy Labor Day wish to all the candidates - now get to work, dammit !!!!




A sign of the economy: I spoke to Ms. X this week, and she is finally close to getting a job. She's gone through three interviews already, and there are still four other candidates left. BTW, the job pays $9 per hour...... After texting her, I accidentally deleted every text she sent me. Memories...........




Carol has been on a tear the last couple weeks to find me a girlfriend. Last week, I went out with Julie twice, including a day at the Nudie Beach (I was clothed). This weekend, she asked me if I was interested in a friend who was visiting from California (nice person, but i wasn't). Then on Saturday, I was sat next to another friend at a dinner for 12. She was a decent looking Chinese girl, but her English is iffy, and she looked as uncomfortable with the setup as I did.. Think I'll call Julie again....



Last weekend was the big Reino Family Reunion in PA. It was fun, and I looked pretty damned good, although I think my cousin Paul still has me beat at age 56. Not sure the guy will every age, or lose his hair. I did stop by a diner on the way for Scrapple, but they wouldn't put it in my omelette (WTF??!!), so I passed. Took three hours to get there ...... and FIVE to get back. F**king GW Bridge...

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God...Mike had a date...with a girl ...without a seeing eye dog!
Earl, Moye, I guess there is still some hope left for us yet!...teg