Monday, September 06, 2010

SC6 Real Estate: Off The Market, Baby !!!

You Ain't The Only Happy Ones, Jackson !!!!!

In case you don't read my Facebook at all, the big news this week in SC6-Land was that the Millridge house is now under contract, pending inspection. WHEW !!!! After taking and passing on a couple lowball offers (mostly caused by the buyer's Dad), they came back with a more reasonable one, and we quickly found a nice middle ground. So, the house is sold.......

The planned closing is by the 30th of this month, so I might be coming back to Flotown to close - if they need me to. Most of the stuff in it is included, so this trip will not be like the one in March, where I spent three days repairing shit, and didn't see anyone. More importantly, I'll be saving about $925 a month by not paying for a house I haven't lived in for quite some time...

The Millridge house does hold special memories for me, though. It was my first purchase, where Nicole and I lived and divorced in. I learned how to landscape, fix a toilet, and find a decent AC technician. It was aslo the place that forced me to be a community activist, which led me into politics, and where I am today. In short, if it wasn't for Millridge, I'd be a quiet, politically unmotivated and oblivious homeowner - like everyone else. You can blame it all on that house.

The next step will be to fix the few doohickies that need repair on the Millstone house, and get ready to sell it in the Spring. Not a lot of equity in that place, but it is another $600 a month out of pocket, and barring an unlikely lucrative job offer in Florence, I won't be moving back anytime soon.. Ben's not too keen on selling, but the plan was for three years, and we're in year four now. That's later. For now, we'll be happy with our nice little score, pay off some minor revolving debt, and watch the bank account start to blow up.....

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mike and when you get back we're holding a four horse man meeting...we've got some planning to do!...teg