Saturday, January 08, 2011

What $850 a Month Will Get You in NY ....

Inside Our New Digs ... MTV Cribs It Ain't !!


     I had a couple people ask for pics of the new apartment, so we obliged... No, it's not like the house on Millridge. In fact, it's far from it.  We're on a tight budget this year. Maybe after the house is sold, and the car is paid off next year, we'll upgrade. Until then, this is all we're going for...



    Yep, it's a studio apartment in Commack (promounced CO-mack), Long Island.  It's about 10 miles closer to work than Joe & Carol's, but probably 20 minutes closer in driving. 



No, there's not a lot, but it's neat and cheap for here. The $850 includes all utilities, including cable and blazing Verizon FIOS internet. My laptop is blazing now.....







The bathroom, where I do my best thinking... Kinda small too, but it's the best looking one I've had...







Yeah, it's no great shakes, but the Murphy bed folds up for more room. Funny part is, I haven't pulled it up once since I moved in last week!  There is only once downside, aside from the size... There is no thermostat in it, so it gets pretty hot. Luckily, the owner lets me crack the window to cool it off.  It gets a bit boring and lonely at times, and I do need to use a laundrymat for the first time since college, but my time is my own now... If you want to mail me, the new address is 18 Ramita Lane, Commack, NY 11725.


.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

you wanna sell your bedroom stuff in Florence?

Anonymous said...

Be it ever so humble there is no place like home...teg