Friday, May 19, 2006

Fuzzy Thoughts Weekend Edition..........



After working 11 of the past 12 days at work, I finally have this weekend off! My ability to write long, drawn out detailed thoughts is completely shot, so it's time for another Fuzzy Thoughts. Join me now as we review the not so newsworthy events of the week...

So Paul McCartney is splitting with his wife - did Denise Richards have anything to do with this one too? Good for him. I got the impression that his ex was trying to "improve" him - a move we men enjoy so much....I read about 5-6 online newspapers each day, and it's funny how the Opinion section in many of them don't include readers opinions - just theirs. Yeah, that's why I run for office - to see what an Editor thinks about issues...........My brother Matt is in town for Harley Week, and by other brother Mark joined him today. They're having a blast putting down Ocean Blvd on their hogs. Where's mine? It's still in the Matchbox case!.......

Word is that the money has been appropriated to build a pedestrian walkway on the campus of SC State. Any guesses on who they'll name it after?... I'm back at the dealership service writing. It's cool, but a request for some of you. Don't call and ask how much some strange repair is!! We don't have a Chilton book sitting in front of us to refer to. it is a big pain in the butt to walk to two different departments 100 yards away from each other to find that stuff out.....I tried as long as possible, but I couldn't stop Dad from buying a riding mower. That's $1200 bucks down the tubes so he can cut our massive 1/6 acre yard!.....

Pat Robertson is starting to worry me. He said recently that God told him about the tsunamis in 2004. Uhhh, I talk to God alot, but I can't say that I hear a verbal answer from him. this puts Robertson about a foot away from David Koresh..........So it's down to the Final Two in American Idol - and I don't care! AI is getting to be like Baseball expanding to about 50 teams - the talent is getting a little thin. Did any of you listen to Bucky Covington - sheesh!

The bad news around here is that Florence County has a $4 million shortfall on this year's budget. The Democrats answer? You guessed it, RAISE TAXERS!! Want to stop it? Send your donations to Reino for County Council, PO Box............... Speaking of the Finals, the NHL is down to Buffalo, Carolina, Anaheim and Edmonton - no wonder the games are on Outdoor Life Network now. No marquee teams there. I used to really like hockey, but ever since the strikes, I haven't paid much attention. That and no more fights.......

Yesterday was the 15th anniversary of my college graduation. like New Years Day, I take stock of the past year, and think about what I need to do to improve this year. This year, like Phil said in City Slickers, is a Do-Over. My ball got stuck in the tree in a major way in 2005. Chalk it all up to a learning experience. The good part is I see a more clear long range future - not very exciting, but I could use a little stability and a lot less drama. Some of you will feel bad for me, but I'll probably end up living in Florence for the rest of my life. There is a lot to be said for coming back and getting a job just by asking. This has become home, and home is where the job and low cost of living is!

See you , and have a nice weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How big is 1/6 of a acre

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Not big enough to buy a riding mower!! About 100x80, minus the house, it's the size of a tennis court.