Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts - Back On the Market Edition


Happy Sunday! This weekend was another example of our ever-changing life here... I know, I know - change in life is constant, but could I at least keep the same job for more than six months? Actually, it should all be good as I start a new gig for a Mercedes dealer here. Even though the last job didn't work out, I left on OK terms - I didn't throw a tantrum once, and I never blogged about it. See, I'm maturing.... By back on the market, we're on a mission to find a decent woman, but we'll settle for a few good dates at this point. BTW, the pic above is some friends in between sets from my last show in August. Problem is, they're all married, and married people generally stay at home....




First off, the weather today: upper 60's, with a slight breeze, with some small showers coming in tonight and tomorrow. In short, too nice a day to be blogging. We made a nice recovery from last week's fall to Number 20 on BNN. After a few good posts, we went back up to Number 6 (actually 5 if you take away Sunlit Uplands being on there twice). I have no idea how their influence rating works - all I know is, I blog, my rating is better. I do wish we got a Mulligan for being MIA at wakes and funerals all last week.....




New York politics gets funnier and funnier: in addition to the cent per ounce tax on sugared drinks they'd do enforce, a state assemblyman wants to make it illegal for restaurants to add salt to food during the cooking process. I guess the guy is a Vegan, or he orders out a lot, and doesn't cook much. I picture every bridge to New Jersey jampacked with traffic, and every restaurant in the Garden State booked a week in advance. Good luck with that bill, Moron!




Word locally is that some of our candidates in the 6th leave a bit to be desired. One was descibed to me as 'Flaky', and another mentions God a bit too much in their material for my comfort. Call me a Secularist, but I prefer to keep Church and State separate. I love God too, and I talk to him every night - I just think he doesn't take sides in politics and wars...




It was an interesting Sunday on Fox News , as usual. I got to see Michele Bachmann for the first time, and it seems like someone put a bit of a leash on her, judging by the comparisons I'd heard about. If she could tone down the 'Anti-American' comments, she actually had a couple decent talking points on Health Care today. Two Wrongs Don't Make a Right: what did we learn from the Obama-Palin Nuke Debate? That we should defer to a more knowledgable Third Party!




Here's a question I have for the SCGOP today. I read a few Facebook notes from attendees here about their 1000 mile trek to 'Nawlins. How did Karen get there? Please at least tell me it was Coach.... Glynn Willis is making his run for Florence City Council official this week. If you don't vote for him, you are a partisan idiot. Glynn is as good and honest as they come, and luckily, many Democrats are staying out of his way for an election many on the other side wished he had won 2 years ago....




Since it went so well last time, when should I post about Obama's next Supreme Court Justice nominee? At least there weren't any death threats.... Remember when to be on the Supreme Court, you HAD TO BE A JUDGE? Now, it seems like an online degree from Capella University is enough - as long as you didn't have a trail of your rulings... It's almost like 'American Idol' or 'Survivor' - don't stand out, play it safe and you'll eventually have a shot at SCOTUS. Sad......




We'll leave it at that for now. I have to go on Match.com, and see if I'm still pulling an O-fer on my Winks.... The pickings are better here, but I could use a little help - how do I become 4 inches taller, and make about $50,000 for a year?????



.

1 comment:

アダルトSEO said...

married people generally stay at home,

Agree with that!