Sunday, April 25, 2010

Important News From the Bully Pulpit ....

SC6 Revamps It's Schedule, So You Know When to Look For Us ...

Greetings from the command post, somewhere off the East Coast of the US, on our nuclear-powered surfboard.... We've enjoyed being one of the more popular and well-respected blogs in tha Palmetto State these past 4 1/2 years, but it is, after all, just a blog. There are more important things in life - like having a career, social life and a little cash in the bank. How soem of these guys spend 24/7 blogging is beyond me, but I'm convinced they either have trust funds, are bullshitting their bosses into thinking they're actually working, or are getting paid by campaigns to work. I have none of those luxuries.

What I do have is a job that's paying me more than double what I was making in Florence, and I actually like the people I work with - yes, even the technicians are nice. What I don't have is time. Here is my schedule: I wake at 6:15 AM, commute to work from 7:00-7:45AM, work from 7:45 til 7:00PM (yeah 11 hours a day), then commute back home, which is just slightly less time. That gives me 2 hours to eat, check my e-mail, say hi to the family and blog. Guess which isn't making the cut on Monday to Friday?

Yep, what the game plan is - and we've actually been doing it a couple weeks already - is to be a weekend only blog. No, it isn't the standard method of operation for blogs, but it will have to do. Rather than check on us during the week, and wonder where the hell we are for five days, we've decided to just do it when we have a little time. Trust us, we still like doing this, and we are still doing it to entertain and inform you guys, but Big Daddy has only so many opportunities left, and this is a good one we got in on. We're kicking around the idea of a Facebook fan page, but we're not big FB fan page, uh.... fans. Maybe, maybe not. Thanks for the continued support, and we hope this notice helps make your searching for us easier..... We love you too!

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always Mike, thanks for the work you do for us...teg

mg said...

sounds good