Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts: The Shiny Fridge Edition

And It's Excellent for Storing Plenty of.... Nothing.


     Karma bitchslapped me square in the face yesterday.  Yes, every once in a while, what goes around , comes around again to yours truly.  Ben called up, and told me the fridge crapped out. Too bad it's excluded under the home warranty ($450 a year for nothing, thank you.)... So, knowing that the other applicances are stainless steel, and the dumb fridge was white, we just dropped $970 on a shiny new stainless steel fridge that I likely will never use or see.. Fuck me very much!


     It is a justice in a way. After all, I do make people drop thousands of dollars everyday on car repairs, so it was bound to happen. However, after just spent another $900 on loans to friends and family, the timing could be better.  Luckily, it could have been worse. Something like this could have killed me a year ago... Still, the glare of that fridge is making things kinda hazy as we peer on the past week.


    Weather first: clear and pretty cold. Highs today only about 45.. Just got a new jacket to bear the cold at work. Christmas is here now, and I got a head start on shopping today. Went to Modell's, and got a pair of Mark Sanchez jerseys for Joe and Stevie, so they can do the matching Father & Son watching the game thing. Yeah, it's gay, but Carol thought it was a good idea... Speaking of which, it is impossible to get stuff for the women who have everything already. Carol gets a Guess Gift card... Sarah is 7, and wants an I-Pod Touch or a Cell Phone. IIIIIIIII don't think so.


    I'm still laughing over Obama's Fat Lip.... And I might for a while.


    At work, I've kicked it up a notch or two, but the new boss doesn't talk to me too much out there in Alcatraz... He had a couple interviewees in his office, but they turned out to be technicians. WHEW !!!!! Thanksgiving was nice with Joe's family. Never saw so much food for ten people in my life. Needless to say, every day , it's leftovers for lunch!


    North and South Korea is a good example of why diplomacy only delays the inevitable... Perhaps we should put a gigantic bowl over Korea, let them duke it out, and start over from scratch... It is funny watching your little brother or sister get in fights every now and then. They're so cute at that age.... Maybe they should have given that island that's 50 feet for North Korea to them.


    In sports, Derek Jeter and the Yanks continue to piss into the bucket.. NY doesn't want to blow all it's Cliff Lee $$ on Jeter while he slides off into mediocrity. My guess is this -  3 yrs/$54 million.. This next admission is going to hurt: The Jets are the real deal, the Giants are wannabes. BTW, I tried out for WR on the G-Men this week...... and JUST MISSED !!



 Socially, it's a mixed bag as usual: met someone on Match, but I keep getting canceled on, so I'm backing out of that one. The holidays are a bad time to try and date.. Julie is the same (no idea), so we trudge on as usual.  Will be going out with some old high school friends tonight. Beats being in the house all winter...


    Note to the guys at Subaru: that little girl was awesome, and the commercial was great, but could you please make another one, and stop dragging that shit into the ground??  Speaking of which, how does Flo keep getting commercials, and our buddy Christa the Planters Peanut Girl never got a second one? There is NO JUSTICE !! 


    Justin Bieber wins FOUR American Music Awards?  I just set all my guitars on fire, and am looking for a rope as I write this... MUSE won one as well, and seemed VERRRRRY excited about winning it.  Meanwhile, Jennifer (Jeannie Bueller) Grey won Dancing With the Stars - a show we still have never seen an episode of.  There was all this craziness over Brandy getting booted off. Maybe it was racial. Maybe it's because Brandy is a biotch.. Bristol Palin gave hope to Middle American white girls with two left feet everywhere that if you really try, you can bring home a Bronze Medal too...


    I'm still a bit stunned and shocked that none of our recently elected SC leaders have called on me to serve on their staffs yet.  OK, not really.  2010 is over now - time to kickstart 2012.  Do we have ANY candidates on the Republican side yet?  Time's a-wastin'...

.

No comments: