Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Showdown in the Stupidity That Is Fantasy Football Starts Today ..

It's Blogger Versus Fan In the Carolina Jox League !!!


    Most of you long time readers know I play Fantasy Football. This will be my fifth season, and I'm actually pretty good at it: I only had one losing season my first year, and I have one imaginary championship trophy sitting on my mantle. I swore that this year, I'd be too busy to care about FF.... but destiny has gotten in the way....


    Somehow, I've run the entire frickin table so far this year: a perfect 11-0 !  When you consider I play against a league full of Disc Jockey - who have all day long to do this crap in between pre-selected songs and commercials, it's pretty amazing. So, with only 3 games left in the regular season, the chance to make history is there. Today however, we have a tough challenge from one of our own...


    Yes, my Rusty Lombardi squad will be facing Bobby's 7-4 Steeler Nation team today thru Monday night.  Bobby's team is always dangerous. He might get gooseeggs all over one week, then drop 200 points on your ass the next. Yes, he's a FF Mental Patient, but he's won three in a row, and seems to have found his stride as the playoffs approach. 


    I do have one chit in my pocket: we made a minor financial agreement a few weeks ago, and my only request was that Bobby lay down and die like a Persian Rug when we played next.... Will he do it? Probably not, and I wouldn't expect him to. However, the trash talking as the scores come in should be fun...

.

No comments: