Monday, August 07, 2006

Breaking News: Rainey Mistakenly Meant to Call T-Rav a "Debutante"
















A hastily prepared news conference was put together today by GOP Bigwig, political kingmaker and Uber-Everything John Rainey. In it, Rainey claims that he was misquoted in a recent article by Dan Hoover - one in which Hoover said Rainey called GOP Treasurer Candidate Thomas Ravenel a " dellitante"...

Rainey said that he meant to say that Ravenel was a "debutante". "I mean, he is such a Ladies Man, that anyone should know why he's running - for the Chicks. Going to cotillions are just an extension of the inevitable." There is no evidence that Ravenel has been to a cotillion since his days at The Citadel. However, Ravenel is rumoured to still be single, and he hasn't officially be debuted by his parents.

When informed of the meaning of dellitante ( a person who pursues a position with no intention of completing it), Rainey backtracked a bit. "Well, I guess that would be appropriate too. There is a certain amount of commitment to a person running for office. I can only support Thomas if he is willing to hold the office for 36 of the next 40 years... I'm not saying that I'm supporting Grady Patterson, but........".

Treasurer Patterson was unavailable for comment, due to it being "Naptime". However, Lapdog Trav Robertson wasted taxpayers dollars by discussing politics during work hours.. Said Robertson, " He's Successful, Rich, Handsome, Hip, and women like him.........Yes, I'M JEALOUS!!!!"

Thanks to John Rainey - my new Muse! SC6 is back!

18 comments:

Joshua Gross said...

*laughing* Funny stuff, Mike

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If I only knew how to spell dilettante !!

Anonymous said...

This was great. I really enjoyed this one.

earlcapps said...

Mike - stop trying to be like me. Go out there, pester and harass voters, and give the Average Joes and Janes more good reasons to be cynical about politicians ... like a good candidate.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Sorry, Earl. It had just been a while since I had a decent post. I'll be going this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Earl, be nice! Yesterday even Bill Clinton's special counsel, Lanny Davis, admitted that, "The far right doesn not have a monopoly on bigotry and hatred and sanctimony."

I appreciate the wine and cheese atmosphere of your blog and Mikes, matching the whine of some campaigns with proper cheesiness and when campaigns provide cheese, pairing or paring them with a proper burgandy, claret or reisling retort...

back to Geronimo Stilton...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I try to limit the wine(ing), but I'll lay enough cheese on to fill a Wisconsin Cheddar Barrel!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike I am in Green Bay today you want a cheese head let me know. I will be in Florence Sunday to catch a flight and I can bring it by then.

Anonymous said...

moye, you might have to check that baggage today

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah Mike dillitente I think has the first three letters of what the would be nabob meant...

Anonymous said...

West_Rhino you are so right. I am at the Green Bay airport right now and President Bush and Air Force One just took off. Bet he did not check his luggage. He sure had the city shut down since this morning believe me. For a good cause raising money for the GOP candidate for congress Mr. Gurd. Wonder if he would come to SC for Gary McLeod just kidding Mike.

Anonymous said...

W mightn't but I'm sure that Jimmy would love to have Gary hold a quail shoot with Cheney.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Hey, Jim's a lover, not a fighter!

Anonymous said...

Yea he really loves the move south by the yankees. Sorry should had chosen my words better. Retirees.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of one of the "Southerners" Jimmy loves, I'm suprised that he hasn't rushed to Fidel's bedside.

Reckon one of Reuters photographers will photoshop that soon?

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! San diego swimwear imagefree+video+keno+strategies 15 make a ice makers 5 or flash mx web site templates paintball Subaru legacy performance exhaust 2005 golf statistics and driving distances and women 1984 buick skyhawk Soft backpack carriers baby Headphone ads Webhosting belgique Acura tl and engine light jacksonville florida program low-income blood pressure cuff back pain relief cluster headache joint pain relief carbohydrate in body building latin and greek root words Bass fishing playstation games bleu cordon culinary school

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »