Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts: The Dog Tired Edition

We Could Use a Day Off Ourselves ....

If the posts the last week or two seem few and far between, there's a good reason. We've been working our asses off! I've been at work a minimum of 11 hours a day for 12 of the last 13 days, until today. Rick went on vacation after we lost Stephanie and her fabulous ass, so we've only had three advisors, instead of five. It's basically the equivalent of usually having one kid, the suddenly adding another and trying to care for both of them. I calculated 135 hours worked the last 2 weeks. Thanks, I AM a real trooper...

I was promised an extra day off this week for bypassing a day off last week (reminds me of Wimpy from Popeye.... 'I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today'...). So, while we've lost a day off after our birthday next week from schedule changes, we'll firgte about the future, and dwell on what was this week.... Furry, furry, dark and blurry!

So Stanley Mc Chrystal is out, and David Petraeus is back in.... Petraeus probably thinks the same of Obama as McChrystal, but at least he's smart enough to not say it in front of reporters. Personally, after nine years in Afghanistan, I'd call Obama a chickenshit moron if it got me a free trip home. On that note, I am VERY HAPPY at my new job, and I love all my bosses....

And now, the weather. Hot enough for you guys there? Yeah, it got hot up here too. About 91 on Thursday, and kinda muggy. Yes, this is the time of year where I laugh at all of you frying your asses off all Summer. It's cooled to the mid- 80's, and it's muggy, but not as shitty as it is down there... BTW, the house will be Party Central for the entire month of July here: we have parties scheduled for the 4th, my birthday on the 9th, Steven's on the 17th , and Carol's on the 30th.... I'd call it a Lollapalooza, but I don't want Perry Farrell suing me.....

No real surprises on Tuesday's runoff, although Ken Ard and Tim Scott did get bigger margins than we thought. Unfortunately on the other side, street money is alive and well, so Ed Robinson got another 4 years on Florence City Council. With it, downtown development there just got delayed another 4 years, but we're already waiting for 2014.... The big economic news in Florence that I personally will be hiring every contractor there to put the roof on the house, and other minor tweaks before the hut goes on the market.. After that, I'll go straight to work on the Millstone house. Ben might not like the free house coming to an end....

Yes, even here in New York, we know about Carolina beating Clemson to make the College World Series final against UCLA. It made page 68 of Newsday, right next to the Peruvian Soap Box Derby finals.... Speaking of baseball, the Yankees and Mets are still rolling along OK, although AJ Burnett looks like dogshit lately. Guess all the tattoos on his arms has drained all the strength out. Rick's in LA as we speak, watching them play the Dodgers. Hey Rick, F.U., buddy !!!

For those of you who look to us for new music every weekend, we will fall a bit short this week. I swear, I didn't hear one new song all week. Looks like we'll go retro... Terrible news: Jake and Vienna from 'The Bachelor' have called it quits - and with it, my hopes of finding permanent, true love on a network reality show die as well. Is 'The Dating Game' still on TV? How about 'Love Connection'? We'll be back with Chuck Woolery in 2 and 2......

Lastly, with our decline in posts, comes a decline in the ratings. Kinda like having reruns all week. We're down to number 13. P-Luv's been on a bit of a roll, and he's at Number 7 this week. Three things we think are weird on BlogNetNews: Sunlit Uplands is still on twice, SC Politics today is basically The State newspaper (not exactly fair , is it?), and they still have 'political' spelled 'politicial'...... We'd like to say that we have some great new plans to up our ratings, but we're way too busy to be inventive right now, so you'll have to get used to our usual crap...... Enjoy !

.

No comments: