Sunday, June 20, 2010

Giving The Bride Away ....


Ms. X Gets Married ........
I had been meaning to post this for a few days now, but it got backpedalled when I had to work on Thursday... Last weekend, I found out that Ms. X finally got married to her longtime fiance'. I'd been expecting this for years now, and this Summer seemed like it would be the time for it to happen, so it wasn't a shock at all. Still, when you see the hyphen suddenly at the end of someone's name, you take a step back for a second...
I'm really happy for Ms. X and her man. She loves him a ton, they get along great, and he's a nice guy. To hear all the crap I told him before I found out they were together, and not have him kick my ass, he has to be cool. That, and he is too f**king good looking. Seriously.... Actually, I met him first while he did sublet work for me when I was at Newsome Automotive, and I remember thinking he was a nice guy. First impressions are always right....
I have talked to Ms. X briefly since then. She did write a note to tell me beforehand, but though it would hurt my feelings - or that I'd try to pull a Dustin Hoffman in 'The Graduate'..... It's all good, though. We are friends and always have been. If I always say that I want her to be happy, and she is, then I better show it now, right? Hopefully, this isn't THE END, but if it is, I am glad that I helped guide her through the years that fucked me up so much, and that she'll be fine from here on. Love ya, Princess. Congratulations !!
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike--hang in there buddy, some day Moye,Earl and I will have to come up to LI to see you get married. Hell we even have a convoy strait up I-95. I can see it now.. me and P-luv in the first car way out in front(you know how I drive);Earl, Moye and Ms. June in the 2nd (Ms.June will have to guard the BBQ)and the rest of the Florence County,SC6 and the state GOP following behind. Can we say "Cannonball Run 3"?? You know I always did think I looked a little like Burt Renyolds!!....teg

pluvlaw said...

No Cannonball...we're runnin' blocker ala Bo "Bandit" Darville. I can see it now:

TEG: Pluv, put the evidence in da car.

Pluv: But Teg...

TEG: Put the evidence in the car! *shouting at rucker* I'm gonna barbeque yo' ass in molasses!

The good news is, maybe we can pick up a bride on the way, just like Bandit. I'll start tuning up the Trans-Am right now...

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike ;) this was really nice...I appreciate it. MUAH!

Ms. X

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No problem at all, Princess - or is it Queen now?? Now that it's been a whole month, are we still in newlywed bliss? And they said it wouldn't last !! ;)

Love ya and Miss You!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I guess I'm the queen bee lol. Sometimes its hard to believe I'm finally married! Nothing really changed and we both get a little surprised when we are addressed as husband and wife.

Right now, I'm just busy trying to find a job. It's getting discouraging because apparently I'm not good enough to be a receptionist?! - Not that anyone has said I'm not good enough, but I have applied for around ten receptionist jobs and received ZERO responses. UGH!