Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Friggin' Feet are Killing Me!!!!!!



Today, I took part in my first (and maybe last) Cooper River Bridge Run over the beautiful new Ravenel Bridge. I'll admit, I walked the whole way.... My running days are over. The stuff you have to do to prepare for this race is unbelieveable. It started on Coleman Blvd, just east of Shem Creek, and ended on King Street, just south of Marion Square. We got up at 500am, so we were way too early for any fast food joints for breakfast, so I had a couple Ho-Ho's, a NutriGrain bar, and some Gatorade. I know, not good...

The goal is to have your car near the finish line, so we parked downtown, walked to the Marina and took a water taxi across to Patriots Point. Then we took a bus to Coleman from 526 , but the traffic was so bad, that we missed the 8am start by 20 minutes( about the time the Kenyan runners finished)....

I won't bore you with details of my 2 hr. walk, but the weather was perfect, everyone had a good time, and I am in extremely poor shape!! I didn't see Gov. Sanford, but there were 45,000 runners. However, I did finish - but my feet are pretty sore. And how did I celebrate?? Lunch at Andolini's !!!

No comments: