Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Superflake and Other Fuzzy Thoughts...


I'm beginning to experience the trap of running for office and having a non-standard blogsite. A supporter of mine suggested that I drop the blog, because it makes me look "a Bit flaky", and two camps have given me a little grief over previously posted comments this week alone. Well, I am a bit flaky, and I'll run with my flakes and all. As for the candidates, I'm not out to work against any GOP candidates - if you take the primary, I'm behind you all 100%. However, I may write a tidbit or two of truth to juice up a race..... So, don't expect much change....
Licia Stone and Bubby Floyd were not at Monday's GOP meeting, which was a candidate meet and greet - guys, bad idea. Some of these groups might be up in age, but they will call and campaign for you come Primary time....... Life with Dad continues. I've made it through about 50 boxes of stuff - only 25 more to go!..... On the bad side, Pops has lost every talent at Italian cooking...
I see Uncle Joe Riley has endorsed Tommy Moore for 2nd in the General Election for Gov. this Fall. I gotta say one thing for Joe Riley - he has HUGE eyebrows!..........Put a fork in Frank Willis in the Lowcountry... Is it that big a deal that Tiger Woods called himself a "Spaz"? ......... Gas Gouging is back with a passion again. Here's a small sample of stations today: $2.69 in Florence, $2.84 in Pamplico, but only $2.56 at the Hot Spot on Hwy 378 near the Pee Dee River - maybe they're drilling it themselves.........
To my buddy Earl Capps - where is my album review of Faster Pussycat??........... A point made a million times lately - have the Republican leaders completely lost their ideals that got them in office in the first place? I got a good piece of advice recently that I'll pass on to them now: When in office, legislate like you only have one term, not how to get re-elected - you'll sleep better, and time will judge you better as well.................

4 comments:

earlcapps said...

Mike - I was never much into Faster Pussycat, but stayed tuned as I go back to discussion of Judas Priest in the near future. Probably more than one posting over the course of a few weeks too.

Ya know - if Joe was ever abducted by aliens, Tim Kazurinsky (SNL and Police Academy) could fill in for him. They look and sound a lot alike.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

A discussion of Priest will do , if the Melkite Catholic Church is okay with it! I'm sure Kaz could find the time to take Joe's spot. In fact I saw the headline of the World Weekly News: "Tim Kazurinsky: I Am Joe Riley's Love Child."

earlcapps said...

i've posted about the Priest before, and my priest visits my blog and posts on it, so i'm not concerned about his disapproval of the content.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Excellent ! If you're looking for a change-of-pace blog with some great content, check out the Blogland of Earl Capps......