Sunday, March 14, 2010

Fuzzy Thoughts .....The Happy Birthday Edition.

After 2 Days, The HSM Shit Finally Comes Down....

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. As you guys bask in the beautiful sunny South Carolina weather - and I dream about it for ten more days - the Sarah birthday extravaganza comes to an end. Family day was yesterday, the party for friends at the Gymboree was today. I know, two days to make a 7 year old feel special isn't asking too much, but the truth is, everyday is this kids day. She OWNS the house.. My favorite line? "I don't get anything I want", when she found out some family canceled attending - who she called 'my stupid cousins' two hours earlier...

And about that weather? Today, cloudy, with an occasional drop here and there. Yesterday was hellacious. About 40 for a high temp, 2.5 inches of rain, top recorded wind gust was 67 MPH.... Power lost to about 150,000 people, but not me. It pays to bury those utility wires, folks. Pathetic fact of the day: it's March 14th, and the Christmas Tree STILL hasn't been taken down. We took all the decorations off at least six weeks ago, but taking the top off requires two people, and Joe had been gone for the better part of three weeks.... Maybe today, maybe next week......

Despite the rain, the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Bay Shore still went on as planned, though most people stayed in the cars. I was supposed to meet someone this afternoon to celebrate, but my phone didn't ring, so I'm staying home...... Speaking of which, it hasn't stopped raining since I bought new clothes. Nothing like being ready to go out, and not being able to.....

In politics, I saw where everyone was worried that SC was the sleaziest state in the nation in politics. To the people of SC, I have this to say: I've been in SC, and I've been in NY. When it comes to sleaze, SC has a lot to learn still. In short, SC is no NY - feel better? When you dump two governors, a congressman, and have another lose his chairmanship in a year, then call back. For now, please accept Miss Congeniality with pride......

Focus, Daniel-San. Is it just me, or does James Carville need to visit the Democrats and remind them exactly what the main concern of Americans is? Ticklegate. I'm getting copyrights to the term as we speak, along with Tickle-Palooza and Tickle Me Massa..... For those of you who are on Facebook, we suggest that you become friends with Bubba Cromer and Craig V. Adams. Craig has a recurring segment where he asks you to write captions under a photo - and Bubba is just too fucking funny. I can't believe the guy was once a State Rep. He might just be my Role Model.....

Lastly, we pay homage to Corey Haim. For anyone paying attention to his life the past decade, we all kinda had a feeling this was coming. Drugs will always drag you down, and take everything you value in life: money, possessions, your dignity, your freedom, and those who you love. For Haim, I don't think he ever got over breaking up with Nicole Eggert - not that it's her fault. I never saw The Lost Boys, Lucas, License to Drive , or any of the Two Coreys Movies. To me, he was just a kid who got too much too early, and never grew up or embraced reality as the rest of us know it.....

.

2 comments:

pluvlaw said...

Never saw The Lost Boys?

And a Nicole Eggert mention with no photo?

I don't even know who you are anymore, Reino.

Anonymous said...

Mike--just went through my own 7year old birthday weekend. My granddaughter,Jasmine, turned 7 last weekend. She got what she wanted, a trampoline! And yes it has every safety precaution. I tried it out for a few minutes, until I got a HHH DDT, followed by a Hogan leg drop and finished off by a Macho Man elbow smash. Jasmine then graciously allowed me crawl out of the wrestling ring, I mean trampoline while I still had some of my teeth.

Having a 7 year old's birthday party is a unique experience, and thank goodness it doesn't happen but once. In the meantime I have to call the doctor and someone should warn both TNA and the WWE that a future diva's champion is coming out of carolina!!!...teg