Saturday, March 20, 2010

Onto Round Two ...

Cornell Got Past Me, But Not Many Others Did In Round One..

This is why we need Term Limits. I haven't watched a single basketball game all year, and I went 24-8 in my NCAA Tourney Picks. While I didn't get Cornell, Murray State, St. Mary's or Ohio, I did do a good job with the close picks like Washington, Missouri, Old Dominion and Wake Forest. There was a definite trend region-wise. If it weren't for Cornell and Murray State, I would have been perfect in the East and West. Meanwhile, I only went 5-3 in the South and Midwest. In Round Two, we see one definite Cinderella, and a couple half-Cindy's. Here are our picks......

Midwest Region

Kansas over Northern Iowa

Michigan State over Maryland

Tennessee over Ohio

Ohio State over Georgia Tech

West Region

Syracuse over Gonzaga

Butler over Murray State

Pitt over Xavier

Kansas State over BYU

East Region

Kentucky over Wake Forest

Cornell over Wisconsin

New Mexico over Washington

West Virginia over Missouri

South Region

Duke over Cal

Texas A&M over Purdue

Baylor over Old Dominion

Villanova over St. Mary's

Yes, the Guru is picking Cornell for the Sweet 16 over Wisconsin's slowball.... I also changed two picks at the last second. I always forget that Michigan State just wins - no matter how much I hate them, and Pitt is the same. How will I do? As Gust Avrakatos said, 'We'll See'.........

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike--in the end it's gonna be all Duke BlueDevils...teg