Monday, March 15, 2010

The Reino Curse Claims Yet Another Victim...

Mission Impossible Star Peter Graves Passes Away ...
Yes, it appears as though I did it again. Happens all the time, doesn't it? I blog about someone, or watch their movie or somehow indirectly cross paths with that person, and they die right afterwards. Today, we learned of the passing of Mission Impossible star, and Senior Citizen informercial putchman extraordinaire, Peter Graves. All together now ..... why couldn't it have been Tom Cruise instead? They got the wrong MI star......
In fact, just this weekend, I saw one of his ads, and I thought to myself that it's a wonder he's still kicking. In fact, he was only 83, but when you gray prematurely, you just seem older. I do feel slightly responsible, like it has happened so often before. No, I have more concrete proof than watching a commercial on cable with him: Remember the blog post about the kid's giving takeoff commands to the pilots at JFK? I ended it with Graves in an 'Airplane!!' clip. Eighty-three years, and I get him pegged within a week of his death. What are the odds? No, it still doesn't match Natasha Richardson's accidental death one day after I watched 'The Parent Trap' for the first time, but it's still creepy enough. If I were you, I'd run from me like I was the Grim Reaper come March 25th....
After I added the Airplane clip, I was going to do a post on Johnny , the slightly fruity airline employee in the Tower - he was absolutely the funniest guy in that movie, but I forgot. So instead I'll do it today. Don't worry, it can't do him any harm - he passed away years ago....
.

No comments: