Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Knew Ronald Reagan, I Grew Up Under Ronald Reagan, and You are NO RONALD REAGAN....




I don't mean to pick on Henry Brown.... I've met him a few times, and he seems like a nice guy. He even gave me a couple tips on battling Clyburn - not that he thought I'd have a shot against him. He could have dropped a couple duckets my way - not that he needs it against the lackeys he runs against every two years.

I just find it a little ironic that he won an award after Ronald Reagan for fighting to reform Social Security. I don't remember hearing much from him on the topic last year, but maybe I was asleep.

For someone who represents the largest city in the state, Henry doesn't seem to take the lead very often in DC. He's been there for awhile now, but he doesn't appear to have fund his niche yet - it's more like he's just a team member. Joe Wilson is Pro-Military, Gresham Barrett is a staunch conservative, Bob Inglis focuses on Hydrogen Energy, John Spratt knows a lot about the budget, and Clyburn focuses on Social Issues - when he's not telling stories.

If Rep. Brown wants to have any kind of legacy in Congress, he better hurry... Time is running out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, Henry's niche isn't one of the out front posts til he's atop the committee. His years in Ways and Means in Columbia keep him in a spot to steer pork back to the electorate. I'll grant we're not up to tagging him as Daddy Warbucks, since we still seem to be a donor state on Fed Gas taxes to "less fortunate states" like Grand Dragon Byrd's West Virginia... where I-77 has at least three Toll Plazas to extract additional extortion, while we're continuing to condescend to the Cadillac snowbirds screaming down I-95, wehre the Toll Booths appear at the Mason Dixon Line and proceed North. Keeping a toll off the I-93/94 leg from the state line to Myrtle Beach may be one for "Oh Henry" of the melting candy bars brilliance of Rod (what was Rod doing in your closet anyway? Inquiring minds want to know, maybe even folks looking for a Kia service manager).

Oh well, gotta get some sleep soon.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

My days at Kia are long over!! I'm here in my air-conditioned booth at Newsome in Florence, making sure that the BMW and Mercedes drivers keep their fine German cars in top shape!!

Rod wasn't IN the closet w/ me - he just pulled me out! :)

Anonymous said...

So you're making a few bucks off the rich Democrats imported rides, good deal. The Kia dealership was a long commute I guess, though barely over the line from the Sixth District.

Before redistricting, the line was less than a mile down US 17.

Anonymous said...

Let us face it Henry is a dull boy.