Sunday, July 09, 2006

Today, I Hit the Big 3-8 !!




Yes, today is my birthday!! On July 9th, 1968, Mom's water broke, my father jumped the divider of the Saw Mill River and at 12:08 AM, out I came !! Well part of that is from City Slickers, but the date and time are authentic...

Not much on the agenda today....I almost spent my birthday in a way I wouldn't wish anyone to have, but i'll get to that soon...Thirty Eight isn't one of those landmark birthdays, so no parachuting or trips to a strip joint are planned. Just steaks on the barbie and cake with some friends.

Today's tidbit of info is a list of people with the same birthday as me. I can't say there are any world leaders, but it's pretty interesting.....

James Hampton ( the dad in Teen Wolf).
Brian Dennehy ( First Blood)
Richard Roundtree (Shaft)
Author Dean Koontz
O.J. Simpson
Chris Cooper (Col. Fitts in American Beauty).
John Tesh
Jimmy Smits
Tom Hanks
Kelly McGillis
Jim Kerr (Simple Minds Singer)
Courtney Love
Frank Bello ( Bassist from Anthrax)
Fred Savage.

I gotta admit, knowing that I share a birthday with OJ and Courtney Love explains a lot..... Have a nice weekend!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mike. On my way to Omaha for a couple of days. I will eat a steak in your honor. New Orleans was a mess but the Hurricanes at Pat Obriens were great. You the man.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mike! I saw you at church yesterday but I didn't realize it was your birthday. Maybe if you had been wearing a tie with birthday cakes on it I would have figured it out! Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mike... as a present, I've found another Milton for ya blogging pleasure ;-)

http://www.vote-smart.org/bio.php?can_id=BS027649

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mike... as a present, I've found another Milton for ya blogging pleasure ;-)

http://www.vote-smart.org/bio.php?can_id=BS027649

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mike... as a present, I've found another Milton for ya blogging pleasure ;-)

http://www.vote-smart.org/bio.php?can_id=BS027649

Anonymous said...

A little late, but happy birthday.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Mary D., is that a reference from chatting with you at church the week before? If yes, I'm sorry I didn't say hi - I had to talk to Kevin.

Anonymous said...

No, no reference (here's your sign). OK, sorry - I shouldn't kick a man when he's down. You were obviously REALLY upset about turning 38 if you had to talk to the pastor! Buck up, Little Camper - there are worse things than turning 38. At least you're not Jim Clyburn. Or working for Jim Clyburn...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

My buddy is playing 10 minutes of Bill Engvall to cement the thought!! Nah, 38 is okay. I'll see you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Next year lets plan a party. Come to the meeting this week and I will buy you supper at the Compass in Turbeville for a late birthday present and I will see if Mr. Eckstrom our Comptroller of SC wil sing you Happy Birthday maybe I need to ask Hugh Weathers to come sing. He did good in Columbia. I should get back from Omaha just in time to meet you.

earlcapps said...

Congrats at taking yet one more step closer to being an old fart!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Let me practice........ Everything costs too much !!!

What's with the music these days!!

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing THAT when I was your age !!

How's that?