Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Time to Celebrate and Reflect... It's Our 200th Post Retrospective !!!!



It seems just like yesterday that I decided to start this blog to keep myself from driving the Brad Warthen's of South Carolina crazy... I gotta admit, I really have been surprised and thrilled with the credit the blog has gotten. I'll try to keep up the pace sustained so far. We do work on quantity here, not quality folks!!

Like anything SC6 has had it's highs and lows, so let's take a moment and catch up with what we've seen here in the last 6 months.........

Best Post: Hotties of the Hill 1/14/06

Runner Up: Primary Voters Guide

Worst Post: Review of "Click".

Proof I have My Hand on the Pulse of SC: High Comment totals using a Cow, Behind the Music, and Sgt. Hartman from "Full Metal Jacket".

Proof That I Have No Idea: The total silence on Refugee Day.

Best Recurring Post: The Milton Waddams Award , every Friday.

Worst Recurring Post: Fuzzy Thoughts , RIP..

Favorite Punching Bag: Surprise! Jim Clyburn.

Runner Up : Hugh Leatherman

Honorable Mention: SCGOP Early on.

Softball Winner: Mark Sanford.... $4.2 Million in the bank will do that to you.

Best Milton Waddams Winner: Lake City. The only two time winner.

Worst Milton Waddams Winner: Beth Twitty.

Other Highlights:

The Tree Finger: Making splash early, a tree giving the finger to Clyburn told readers early that SC6 would be irreverent and relevant.... Only to be outed by Rod Shealy, Jr.. And I'm out of the closet like THAT!!

International Angry Comments: I get comments from ticked off people from Aruba and supporters of Benedict Shogaolu. One of them banished me to hell for a lack of Christian forgiveness.

Jim Clyburn, U2 Fan: Jim gets a photo-op with Bono, so I list his favorite U2 songs. My favorite? 'Bad".

Pictures Make for a Better Blog: March 13th, 2006. I get a new laptop without viruses, and I discover Google Images. The blog starts to take off, proving again that humans are visual animals.

Guessing Who the Person Posting Is: Chip and West Rhino.... The same guy? I don't know. And who are the Pee Dee Pundit and Pee Dee Stuff? I have my ideas, but who knows.

Well, for the regulars who visit often, my sincerest thanks for taking part in my blog, and for keeping it clean and respectful. If you're new, join in on the fun.... after all, It's free. Looking forward to discussing issues, to the Fall elections, and to poking fun at those who need it. See ya!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhh... me a blog replying man of mystery. Can't be me, playing evil villans is more fun, that way I don't have to act!

earlcapps said...

Congrats on 200, but you're not too far behind me.

I'm soon to reach my 1st year of blogging ... just wait 'til ya see what all I've got planned for the event.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I see a Melkite / Aqua Net Extravaganza on the horizon !!

Anonymous said...

Have not seen all 200 of them and probably will not see all of the next 200 but will look at as many as my travels allow me. Keep up the blogs as most are very interesting. Now get out there and beat that pavement.