Sunday, April 15, 2007

Congrats to Bobby and Jean... They Tie One On This Weekend ! !


I was out of town this weekend, as I served as Best Man for Bobby and Jean's wedding yesterday in Myrtle Beach. The weather was great (until today), Jean's family made some nice cookout for dinner, and I got to sleep 16 hours until this morning's brunch - which was great as well.
There was no alcohol allowed at the beachfront house they rented, so I didn't get to give a toast. Here's what I would have said:
" A quote I read once says, 'To love and to be loved is to feel the sun on both sides of you at the same time'. On this beautiful day, may the sun always warm the two of you on both sides, and may your love everyday be like today."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That certainly would had been a great toast. One day at my next wedding you will be able to say it. Just do not wait. Congratulations to the couple may life be sweet and full of good days.

Anonymous said...

thanks Michael...from us and all of our gay & lesbian friends here in San Francisco!!!

earlcapps said...

moye, there are those who know me who say if they miss my next wedding, they'll just catch me at the next one.

congrats to the new couple, and best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Earl you may be right.

earlcapps said...

Moye - I hope not. I'd like to have think that two screw-ups have given me plenty to think about.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

C'mon Earl, if at first you don't succeed..........

Anonymous said...

Earl only two. I had one and it was for a short while over 30 years ago and I never give up. Now I know a lady in Clarendon county that I believe would be ok for you or she seems to be then again I have thrown better out the boat thrown worse also ok I am just joking Earl. I will have to get you and Mike down for a Sunday afternoon this summer to Green Island or the sandbar in Wyboo. Real Red Neck Yacht Club for sure. No need to worry about proper attire or anything else.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

After my trip next month, i may take you up on that offer, Moye.

earlcapps said...

i'm afraid to ask who that person may be ... hey, have a real philly cheese steak for me while you're up there.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If Moye ate all the Cheesesteaks, Pizza, Ribs and BBQ we told him to when he travels, he'd be the size of John Candy!

Anonymous said...

By the way guys I did have a cheese steak or two this week at the famous Jim's home of the heavy weight. They wre great.