Monday, April 23, 2007

Lindsey Graham Doesn't Disappoint Me Today.... His Office Gets My Passport Lickity Split!!


Senator Graham, apparently announcing on Face the Nation that getting my passport done is Priority Number One..........
Hey, maybe it is just one small favor, but ask me to name anything that a Congressman, Senator, Governor, State Rep./Senator or even Mayor has done for me, and it's a pretty blank list. As much as I don't agree with his immigration policy, it's pretty safe to say that in 2008, any interested parties for his seat better not ask for my support. I don't agree 100% with Lindsey, but I don't have to.
The person who truly does deserve the credit is staffer Celia Urquhart. I called her Thursday afternoon, and she got back to me Friday morning, confirmed the information this morning, and by lunchtime, the passport was in my PO Box !! Yowza.. I can attest to dealing with an Urquhart......... Celia was great, I had my water leak fixed by Urquhart Plumbing a couple months ago, and they did good work and didn' t charge me a ton. Heck, I even knew an Urquhart when I worked at the beach, and he was pretty cool too.
Thanks again to the Senator's office for the help. Here are a couple tips from my experience regarding the passport process........
Give yourself 12 weeks to send your application in, and if it's two weeks to go, and the passport is not in your hands, call your Senator or Congressman. Have your SSN, travel dates , destination and confirmation number if received.
If you are not planning on traveling any time soon, WAIT ! Everyone is applying right now, wait six months and it will take almost half as long. So, stop slowing mine down - forgot I've got mine.
Lastly.............. Yes, my picture looks like crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where you going Mike.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Patience, Moye.

Anonymous said...

Go cuz.