Thursday, April 19, 2007

Poor Timing, Or Sweet Irony?? The Land of the Sky Gun Show Comes to Florence.....




'This My Rifle......I Call Her Charlene. There are Many Like It, But This One..... Could be Yours??'


Listening to the 10 seconds of terrestrial radio I catch while driving other people's cars, I heard that the Gun and Knife Show will be at the Florence Civic Center this weekend. The semi-annual event is probably the only event that has been held the entire 10 years that I've lived in Florence.


Taking into consideration the events at Virginia Tech this week, and the usual outcry of handgun control that occurs after such an event, I wondered... How will the show go? Will no one come? Will there be even more people there? Will there even be Gun Control Kooks lying in the parking lot?


Time to give your thoughts... Will it be a usual year / slow year / busy year??


All together, ladies...... This Is My Rifle, This is My Gun
This Is for Fighting, This is for Fun....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given that Cho bought both pistols legally in Virginia, after going through the VA state background check, I'd invite the gun control weenines to try to buy at the gun show and prove that there is a "gun show exception" to the background checks that Kelbold and his butt buddy that did the Columbine massacre slipped through.

In particular, I double dog dare John McCain to make the charge that there is a gun show loophole.

One political entity I will forecast will be there is Grassroots and possibly the Libertarian Party...

Anonymous said...

As a believer in the second amendment I hope this is a big show. While we all hate what happened in Blacksburg and pray for the families including the shooter this is still not the right time to discuss control.

Anonymous said...

I believe in the second amendment as well, but I also believe it was drafted 231 years ago...and times have changed. I don't believe AK-47 assault rifles were around at that time or by chance taken into consideration. Times have changed and we need to be able to change with it. In my opinion, automatic weapons should only be available to the military, semi-automatic weapons to law enforcement and single shot rifles be the only guns available to the general public for hunting purposes. I do realize that guns don't kill people, people kill people...but we can at least take some steps to reduce the chances of those people getting their hands on those weapons. It is unfortunate that the 97% or so of decent people in this country have to pay for all the mistakes of the 3% of bottom feeders out there, but our government has graciously enabled it.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Bobby, if you looked at the post above, you'll see - Guns don't Kill People, that Kitten Does.

Anonymous said...

Bobby bobby bobby.