Thursday, March 16, 2006

Did I Say I Was Running for Congress???






















Now that makes you think of America! A lot of you might already know what my plans are, but for those of you who don't, here it is..
I'll be entering the race for Florence County Council, District 3. The seat is currently held by Rev. Terry Alexander, who is running for the SC House. District 3 is a lot like the 6th Congressional District - 55/45 minority, but there are opportunities available there on the smaller scale that I couldn't do over 15 counties.
The response has been extremely positive! Volunteers and donors are contacting me already - more than I ever had running against Clyburn. Don't expect me to quit the assault on Old Jim- he is everything that is wrong with politics, and many Black politicians in general. While I am on the subject, a word about Terry Alexander: You will never hear me say a bad word about the man. He is level-headed, considerate and a true man of God. I've known him and his wife Starlee for years, going back to my old days at Enterprise, and they are what all people should aspire to be. In a nutshell, if Terry Alexander were running, I'd sit this year out. However, he isn't and I think I am the best person to fill his void. I'd really like an endorsement from Terry, but I don't think that would happen!
I'll drop an occasional post on the local issues here and there, but there is plenty of time - no one else is expected to run on the Republican ticket. This post will require lots of shoe leather, and that is my specialty. You can send the donations to Reino for County Council.................

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll help you move but you cant have any of my money!

earlcapps said...

good luck mike ... but you're still obligated to keep the blog running!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

For my and every newspaper editor's sanity, absolutely!! I just have to make sure that I don't step in any landmines - so far, so good.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

i believe it was his mother. Terry is a class act, and I'd ask for his endorsement, but politically , it's not possible.
I don't think very much of Rusty Smith - the apple not falling very far from the tree in this case. Kicking Terry out was a very shady move, and next year, someone in Council will take the Chairman job away from him.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

top post