Tuesday, December 05, 2006

With Inventive Scams Like These, it's a Wonder Communism Failed..



Everyone has heard of the Russian mail order bride deal.... Where girls named Olga, Svetlana and Natasha leave their homes and hook up with guys in America that they don't even know, in the hope of a better life. Shortly afterwards, came the scammers.

If you've ever done business in Russia, you know what I mean. Since the fall of Communism, the amount of black market and disreputable business in Russia has been insane. I had to buy a bunch of document software, and Russia was the only place it came from. Until I got the stuff, I was sure that Sergei had taken off with my $2000 and gone on vacation.

The bride scam is like that. You get some anonymous e-mail from a girl who looks like Maria Sharapova, saying that she thinks your are "looking good, pardon my bad English".... Within two e-mails, she is in love with you, and then comes some sob story about how she needs money for her sick mother, or chess lessons. End of fun.

Well, I got another one this week, so I decided to play along. I hadn't been asked for any money yet, and I couldn't figure out the angle. She wants to come to America, she can get a job, and they'll put her up - so where is the catch?? I decided to go to the Russian Brides Scam website (yes , there actually is one), and I looked on the blacklist. Sure enough, there was Natalia, along with e-mails she sent to guys that were almost word for word like mine. So I looked up what letter she would send next... It seems that she will get to Moscow, but run out of cash for the plane flight, so I'll need to send it via Western Union. OOPS!! Sorry, honey, out of cash? It's a long walk back to Siberia I guess!!

Too bad it won't work out, because here's what she looks like...

Anyone have $800 I can borrow ???????

13 comments:

earlcapps said...

i apply the "carpetbagger" test to mail-order brides.

carpetbaggers were the vile refuse of party machines from pre-civil war northern states. many of them came south not just to get rich, but also because nobody wanted them up there either.

the way i figure it, if she's not good enough for the boys back home, something must be really wrong with her.

Anonymous said...

I am remembering Naughty Natasha, was in truck stop off I-95 close to Florence...

very good conjugating wiht mouth full of tea from samovar.

Anonymous said...

Mike, isn't that Paris Hilton's stunt double from the internet video?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That reminds, I'm still waiting for my Japanese made Tag Heuer watch to come in!

Mention Russina brides, and they come running!!

Anonymous said...

Some of these girls just come over for the drug connections, oh yeah.

Snuffy.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

If that's what she's looking for, she climbing the wrong tree.. The only drugs I can get her are Lipitor and Fosamax.

Anonymous said...

Was in Siberia 3 years ago and I promise you nobody looked like this.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Surprise, surprise. I got an e-mail today. It seems someone cut a hole in her purse and stole her wallet on the subway. The crime in Moscow must be terrible!! She needs $700. :) What do I do???

Anonymous said...

sexiful Filipina hottie, love you long, long time GI...

Anonymous said...

Send her some monopoly money.

earlcapps said...

introduce her to your friend bart simpson, named after a real american cowboy. she probably won't get the joke.

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh Mike, what's this bill for re-plating a trailer hitch?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I wish I could find something that could suck the chrome off of something else.......