Saturday, March 31, 2007

It's Final Four Time! Who Gets a Pass to the Big Show? Look Below.


I had a pretty good Regional Final round, where I was 3-1 ( thanks to the Tar Heels' huge choke job), and I am 45-15 overall. Not bad. Enough gloating, let's go to the games......
Any of these four teams could take it all. There is no one single guy to clamp down on, and for each reason I have to pick one team, there is a reason to pick the other. But I gotta choose two, so here we go.
Ohio State vs. Georgetown. I like how Georgetown matches up sizewise and their ability to spread the ball around. Ohio State has a couple freshmen, but they are SOME freshmen. They also have a couple Senior leaders who have refused to let this team lose. There are no weak teams here, but Georgetown is the weakest, and I still have trouble believing North Carolina forgot how to shoot. Ohio State 78-73.
Florida vs. UCLA. Ah, the rematch of last year's Championship game. I might have had a hard time picking a winner, but I have two points driving me. Florida has talent, they play good D, and they spread the ball out well. But UCLA plays defense like no team I have seen in the tourney, and I don't see Florida keeping up with it. In short, they are a little slower, and the tunrovers will come. Also, revenge is a great motivator, and losing the Championship is pretty good motivation. UCLA 68-66.
Play Ball !!!!

No comments: