Monday, March 05, 2007

While You Were Sleeping Thru C-SPAN: House Dems Pass Bill for Their Union Backers...


Yep, they're a great bunch of guys, those Union folks. They take your hard earned dues, give it to the Mafia, and then take the rest and waste it on politicians in Washington. Most of them are Democrats. Don't believe it ? Go the FEC website and check it out. They are one of the most liberal PAC's out there. And now they are first in line for the Democrats to make their first political move......... making it easier to get Unions in Right-to-Work states.
Up until now, the Democratic agenda has been a game of Men Without Hats, aka the Safety Dance. Nice, safe , popular, poll-driven votes that make them look like the good guys. Well, that seems to be coming to an end, and the pigs are lining up at the Democrat teets now. Would you expect anyone else to be first in line?
So what did they pass? A bill aimed at making it easier to allow Unions in Non-Union states....... Know any offhand? Included in that is a requirement to end anonymous ballot box votes. Nice. Ok, Fred, raise your hand so that we'll know that you don't want to be in OUR union, and we'll threaten and harass the crap out of you until you do. Sounds like the old Post-Reconstruction laws where a black person had to appear in court to press charges against the Klan. They usually ended up dead. Guess it's okay in this case - one less non-union worker, right?
Mark it on your calendar. This was the week that the Democrats went off track and started rewarding their paymasters. Unions across America are laughting their asses off at us now. Unfortunately, another Men Without Hats song may apply as well....... Pop Goes the World.

11 comments:

earlcapps said...

wat's a'madda wif you?

this is the payback for their loyal support. but you've gotta give them credit for sticking to their agenda, and making sure they got theirs.

most of the other democratic interest constituencies are falling for the symbolic placation of bush-bashing, which i suspect is a stalling tactic by the dem leadership to keep from having to pass anything the voters might not like until they get in a second term as the majority. this will allow them some time to shore up their potentially-vulnerable incumbents in swing districts.

they probably haven't forgotten the lessons of 1992, where going overboard with the party's agenda toppled their party in both houses, and i'm sure they're trying to slow-go their payback efforts wherever possible.

but the unions can see right through the games and they're demanding their piece of the action.

however, i suspect this bill will get stuck in the Senate, and if it doesn't, vetoed on the President's desk.

Anonymous said...

No doubt the President will veto this bill and I am doubtful if the Senate will get a vote on it.

Anonymous said...

Mikey, Men Without Hats, yes Pop Goes The World, no. Safety Dance or Antartica better choice...

____________ said...

Mike, I think http://hatedemocrats.blogspot.com is available, how about you change your web address to that, because that's basically what all of your hateful venom is spewing?

Anonymous said...

Politics rocks did the same thing except it was haterepublicans.blogspot.com all the democrats are full of hatred. You keep up the good work and to hell with them.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Michael, shame on you! I've criticized Republicans at times too. Ask Sunny and Jay Ragley. On the other hand, I have made a couple positive comments on some things with the Democrats too.

1. I said Bill Richardson has done some good things as Governor.
2. I supported the idea of having the Medicaid Prescription Drug bill changed to allow Medicaid negotiate for lower prices.
3. i haven't criticized Barack Obama. Yet.
4. I said Nancy Pelosi looks pretty good for 65.
5. I voted Stephanie Herseth as the "Hottie of the Hill", and she looks even better now.

Besides venom implies that my words have the potential to injure or kill, and we both know that isn't true. Good to hear from you again.

earlcapps said...

Michael gets a little carried away sometimes. But then again, we all do sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I'm Dog Meat , and I am an office manager. Although this is my official title, it's more accurate to say that I'm jerk. A day in my work life is like a day in/at Hell because I'm always working left-handed.

The most unusual thing I've ever had to as an office manager is do work.

The office product that best represent what I do is the stapler because it works best when it is loaded.

The best part of my day is when I pass out drunk at my desk.

____________ said...

Shame on me because of numbers one through five that you listed? Haha! Are you kidding me? Seriously, does the devil tell you to keep the change when you hand him his cigarettes?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Thanks for joining the party, Dog Meat - you might have to explain a couple things there for me, but basically we've all been there.

Michael, I don't buy cigarettes for Satan - he gets them cheap on the Indian Reservation. My job is to write up the contracts with soulless politicians when it becomes "payback time". Ever see 'Little Nicky'? I wrote that one for Hitler.

Be nice, or I may never help with the lookalike pics again. :)

Anonymous said...

Bush will veto for sure.