Saturday, March 17, 2007

My Foolproof System at Picking Winners?? Don't Watch Basketball All Year.....


Dick Vitale, eat your heart out! I went an amazing 27-5 on my college picks in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. My secret? Pick the teams that were good 20 years ago. You see, these things are cyclical. My one weak spot? The 7-10 games.... I went 1-3 in those, but I did pick the Duke upset, and Winthrop beating Notre Dame, which wasn't a big surprise to me. How you get ranked in the Top 25 and only make an 11 seed is a mystery to me. Another secret? The Colonial conference almost always pulls an upset. VCU, George Mason, and Richmond - this goes back 20 years now. Now, on to Round 2, which will be a lot tougher....
East Region:
North Carolina over Michigan State
Texas over USC
Washington State over Vanderbilt
Georgetown over Boston College
all the seeds hold....
South Region:
Ohio State over Xavier
Tennessee over Virginia
Louisville over Texas A&M
Memphis over Nevada
Midwest Region:
Florida over Purdue
Maryland over Butler
Winthrop over Oregon
Wisconsin over UNLV
Winthrop is this year's Cinderella....for now.
West Region:
Kansas over Kentucky
Virginia Tech over Southern Illinois
Pitt over VCU
UCLA over Indiana
VCU got beat up in the win vs. Duke - the tank is empty.
There they are.... happy picking!

2 comments:

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I, and most people I know, came crashing down to Earth with the second round picks.........I went 9-7, and I'm now 36-12. Oh well..

Anonymous said...

I still say go ACC if any are left have not been keeping up with it close.