Saturday, February 17, 2007

Homewreckers for Everyone !! Moe's Comes to Florence !



Today was a great day for the city of Florence, as we had the Grand Opening of Moe's Southwest Grill in the Florence Mall, just off of Five Points. This was the biggest opening in town since.... well, since the Starbucks opened up next door a month ago.

I'm not a froo-froo coffee man, so I was looking forward to walking and hearing twenty people yell "WELCOME TO MOE'S !!!!". A Shane's Rib Shack will be opened next door soon. I'd been to the Moe's in West Ashley a bunch of times, so I was used to the yell, the oddly named menu, and the assembly line style service. A few people seemed a bit confused by the setup, but they'll get used to it.

I got the Homewrecker, and they gave me free chips for the road, but everything on the menu is good, and they even sell beer. Earl?

Now only if we could get some plants to come here too..............

5 comments:

earlcapps said...

waiting for my comments as if they'll make or break your blog? geezzz... i didn't know i was that important.

the homewrecker is HUGE. i can eat half and take the other home for lunch the next day.

for a city of its size, florence has a lot of these kind of places, but since its the regional center, where people come from several counties, i guess it's going to have a demand for such places.

enjoy moes.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Nah Earl, I just knew that any place that serves a beer in Florence would earn your appreciation.

Anonymous said...

I-95 is whats doing the driving for Florence a maybe a little off of I-20

earlcapps said...

beer is good :)

Anonymous said...

Mike I'll trade you two more Moes for the GE and Roche plants in Flo-town