Wednesday, February 07, 2007

SC6 Consumer Alert: Easy-Bake Ovens Are Recalled.... Meth Labs Are Up in Arms !!



Hasbro has put out a recall on nearly 1 million Easy-Bake ovens made in the past year. According to reports, there is a possibility of small children getting their hands stuck in them, causing possible burns. Another life lesson will be stopped - don't put your hand in an oven! Oh well.

What was more stunning to me was the fact that 1 million of these babies have been sold in just over a year. Have you seen any kids with an Easy-Bake oven? I thought they stopped making these years ago. That got me to thinking...... who are buying these puppies?

Knowing the ingenuity that some illegal drug makers have to produce the stuff, it wouldn't surprise me if they were being purchased wih the intent of making crack and crystal meth. The final step of the process in the production is cooking the mixture, and that little bulb might make a good little heater. In my life , I've seen addicts smoke through engine parts, apples, tin cans - even roll tin foil around a pencil! It wouldn't surprise me if none of the Easy-Bake ovens were sent back in, because there's too much crack residue inside of them..

So, my advice is if you have a niece with the Easy-Bake oven, tell her to send it back for retrofitting. On the other hand, if your 19-year old cousin has one, you might want want to give him the NA number.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure my ex-wife has the number, and probably a few easy bake ovens to...but as far as she goes, there isn't anything out there easier than her!

Anonymous said...

Since it is only 7
AM here on the west or left coast and I am fixing to head down the hall here at the Hilton Anaheim for breakfast I want to say the cookies that were laid out last night I believe came out of one of these ovens. Serious I have not seen one of these in years and I have two young granddaughters but we would not let them have one anyway. Who does buy these things.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Boby, play nice now! She is gone, and therefore, life is good...

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmm... crystal meth

Maybe that's the cause of global warming...

Anonymous said...

Mike you know Bobby always plays nice.

Anonymous said...

I forgot that is why they call them ex.