Friday, February 16, 2007

In Memoriam: Snoop Dog 2000-2007.

Today was probably the hardest day I've had since my Mom passed away . I had to put Snoop, my best buddy and campaign mascot, to sleep today. We're not sure exactly what the cause was , but he ended up with a collapsed lung, which made it difficult for him to breathe. He had been a bit sick all week - not eating much, not quite as chipper as he usually was. Today though, I knew he was in trouble. He passed on his beloved Milk-Bonz, and then he became short of breath. The vet's tried to expand it back, but it didn't work. I sat there stunned as I watched my dog , who was playing 30 seconds earlier, short of breath and all, be put to rest - eyes still open.
I had Snoop since he was the size of my hand. In fact, he was a going away gift from my ex-wife, who left a week later. Everyone loved that dog. He was obedient, fun, and all he lived for was a bone, and to be pet. I'll miss watching him patrol the perimeter of the yard everytime he went out. I'll miss seeing him chase cats and squirrels, how he got excited at the words "Uncle Bobby" or "Wanna go Out?". I'll miss moving his bed from the living room to the bedroom, so he could sleep at my feet each night. I'll miss hearing his claws tick across the hardwood floors , and seeing him do his happy dance when I come home from work. I'll miss being 10 minutes late to work, waiting for him to finish his business. I'll miss him, period.......
This takes a little air out of my urge to be funny today, but life goes on, and I have lots of pictures and memories of my little buddy.
Snoop Dog - Canine, Best Friend, Presidential Candidate. Rest in Peace, Boobah!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clyburn conspiracy!

Anonymous said...

We will miss you tremendously Boobah!

Anonymous said...

Reckon you got my voice mail sorry man.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I did, Moye. Just was keeping busy this weekend.

Anonymous said...

No problem. In NYC right now will head to the slopes this Thursday with family. You should take a break yourself.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

72 days 'til vacation....