Monday, February 05, 2007

Tit for Tat: Reino Blows Big State Post After He Hexes Bears With Super Bowl Pick.....



(AP - Columbia). In a strange twist of politics and football, political kamikaze and court jester Mike Reino lost all possibility of a future cabinet position, when he was blamed by a major player on Governor Mark Sanford's staff for the loss by the Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl.

According to a source inside the rift, Reino picked the Bears to win the Super Bowl on Sunday, and after they lost 29-17 to Indianapolis, members of the Governor's staff who root for Da Bears flet that Reino was to blame. A few well-placed phone calls later, Reino was added to a list of people never to be considered for a post. The others listed are Jane Fonda, Kim Jong-Il and Mike Tyson.

When asked for comment, Reino was stunned. "Hey, all I know is I thought it through, and I felt the Bears could win. Who knew Rex Grossman would play that bad? Next thing I know, i'm getting voodoo doll bears wearing t-shirts reading, 'Thanks, Mike'. Then I get this call that I'm banned like Jerry Seinfeld at the fruit stand......"

A staffer who asked not to be named gave the inside skinny. "Mike is a great guy and a good Republican, but picking the Bears was like walking under a ladder with a black cat on Friday the 13th - it's all his fault! He's right up there with Mrs. O'Leary's Cow and the Black Sox."

While Reino's political future may seem done, he does have a plan to redeem himself... "I've got myself signed up for one of those 5 minutes with Sanford under an alias, and I'm gonna bring one of those KFC Magic Buckets - Mark loves it when you buy him food"............

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikey, Guido and Nunzio wanna speak with ya about your tab...

Anonymous said...

auditioning for a pepto bismol or preparation H commercial?

Anonymous said...

You should had come down to Lake Marion to view the game with us. You would had forgotten who you pulled for. Anyway greetings from San Bernandino, California where the weather is alway good and where people do not care who wins.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Actually, I took that picture to cheer up a girl-friend of mine. Haven't heard from her since I sent it....

Anonymous said...

Careful it could attract one fo Earl's stalkers....

earlcapps said...

mike, first you stop the bridge, now this?!?

when are you going to stop being the cause of all the world's ills?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Eh, just a gift I guess. Jason Miller will be in Flotown Monday, so I'll make amends there - not that he was the one who banned me - not that I am really banned.

Anonymous said...

Old Jason is getting around he was in Clarendon last night at the meeting. Of course I missed it.