Tuesday, February 13, 2007

You Can't Bring Toothpaste on a Plane, but Cheez Wiz Is Okay ??



In preparation of my impending trip to ....... wherever, I went onto the TSA's website, to find out more of their new restrictions. It is really eyeopening, and in true Federal Government fashion, it makes you wonder the board was thinking when they decided what was safe, and what not allowed.

Now, the restrictions are for carry-on bags only, so you don't need a 3 oz. shampoo and bodywash in a ziplock for a 2 week vacation - good thing! I would've gotten pretty gamey with no 'poo or soap. So, as long as you put it in the check-in bag, feel free to bring that Costco 3 gallon Pert Plus along for the trip.

So , as a public service , SC6 would like to pass on this list of Can's and Can'ts:

OK in Carry-On.

Shampoo, deodorant, bubble bath, hair gel, eye drops and saline, lip gloss, foundation, mascara, makeup remover,mouthwash , nail polish, and toothpaste. all must be 3 oz. or less.....

Soda bought after security, baby formula, breast milk, Jell-O, pudding, Peanut Butter, Cheez Whiz, Whipped Cream and Yogurt - 3 oz. or less. Rules are rules, but any condiment that assists with the Mile High Club is apparently still acceptable.

And the Odd....... Corkscrews, Cigar Cutters, Screwdrivers, Nail Files, Scissors, Transformer Robots, Pliers and Spray Paint. Guess the TSA never watched McGyver or The Shawshank Redemption.............

Carry-On No-No's......

Knives, Box Cutters, Ice Picks, Sabers (Light or otherwise), Swords, baseball bats, hockey sticks, Bow & Arrows, Ski poles, pool cues, spear guns, cricket bats, lacrosse sticks, Pistols, BB guns, pellet guns, dynamite, gun powder, saws, billy clubs, black jacks, brass knuckles, mace, kubatons, night sticks, nunchucks, throwing stars, hand grenades, gasoline, bleach, tear gas and fire extinguishers... but you see, I need the dynamite and lacrosse sticks to keep my kid entertained.......

.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike as someone who flies almost every week anywhere from average four to as many as fourteen flights a week I consider myself a expert on rules and believe me they are different at every airport. Remember all your three ounce stuff has to fit in one quart storage ziplock bag. Not two or three but one. Just check your bags and forget about it. Remember most hotels have most personal items for free or a small charge. Try not to act like a not so frequent flyer and stay out of my way. I am in a hurry.

Anonymous said...

Just wait til you've got to go through a metal detector for a county party executive committee meeting...

Anonymous said...

Those days might not be to far off WR.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm going out and buying my ziploc bag right now. It might be the first legal items I've had in a ziploc since junior high.

Anonymous said...

What a great reply Mike. Did you inhale or not.

Anonymous said...

moye, did that last Monday night, at least I was allowed to check my Gerber with the guards.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I did forget to list baby food , didn't I? Shame on me.

Anonymous said...

NUNchucks??? is that the kick ass Catholic Nun