Saturday, February 03, 2007

Someone Up There Must Like My Sister.....



Remember about a month ago, when I went to Florida for the first time ever? Well, the area my sister lives in made news again this week, when powerful tornadoes whipped right through The Villages in central Florida, killing 19.

Exactly how close was this disaster? The tornado missed my sister's home by a mere 5 blocks. Fortunately, her home was spared, as was the Day Spa and Salon that she just opened in December. She dodged a huge bullet this time, and I hope she goes to church tomorrow to thank God for sparing her.

Yesterday was definitely a day I'd rather forget about. I heard about "possible tornadoes" in the area while at work, but I realized that my sister's life was in jeopardy when I got home for lunch, and I saw places that I had been to a month ago damaged and destroyed. After 6 hours of unanswered phone calls, I started to freak out a little...

Luckily, my brother Mark had spoken to Monica earlier, and found out she was okay. While we were all lucky, I wondered if I hadn't hexed someone once again. It reminded me of the time I went to work at a Roy Rogers restaurant - and Roy died. Or that time I bought a Les Paul guitar - then he died. Or the 4 dogs and cats who died when I lived with my friends in New York. Such is the curse when you share your birthday with OJ Simpson.......

Sure, I overdramatize a bit, but there is a track record there. For now, I'll count my blessings and thank God for being good to me and my family - now if my sister would just CALL ME BACK FOR ONCE !!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awright Mikey, Monica didn't dodge a bullet, God's hand was on her. A bit late perhaps, I'll join you in hoping that she does thank him for his providence, maybe in the tent gathering that Jeb Bush's successor announced that he was going to in the disaster area.

Candidate Reino, take some notes on this disaster response by Florida and by FEMA, while the media is singing a song of "luck" that both entities were lucky because they stockpiled assets and didn't have to use them this (global warning whining diatribes belong inthe prefix) weaker than predicted hurricane season; God's hand directed that too, but that is another sermon that is "An Inconvenient Reality" for the godless left (apologies to Ann Coulter).

Anonymous said...

Now just what happened when you bought Johnny Cochran's book?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

WR, I couldn't tell you, because my sister still hasn't called!!

Anonymous said...

At least you said she was spared any harm and that is great.