Saturday, May 17, 2008

All Yard Work, No Politics This Weekend...


I'm in one of those end of the week ruts - at least as far as politics goes. ot much to write about... McCain and Obama are snipping at each other about nothing. Meanwhile, Hillary continues on - and no one cares. I finally got my invite to the Silver Elephant Banquet, but I likely will be only attending the Convention this year - I owe too many people money to spend $100 that way..
Politics generally fills a void in my life when other things are empty, and I'm pretty glad to say that that void is pretty full this week. I'm not going into details about anything, but there's been a few bits of good news that have brightened up my days, and made my walk a little livelier. The Salad Days seem to be coming back around again..... Look , I found something.... :)
All the good news aside, this weekend is full of yardwork - grass cutting, wed pulling, and flower planting.. Not too exciting, but it's more fun than I've had recently. The bills are loosening up, and maybe this Summer won't be so bad after all....
Maybe the Sunday morning shows will give me some fodder to post about, but if not, I'll be back Monday. Have a great weekend...
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just another way to get rid of Bush!

Anonymous said...

so did you get all the work done it was too windy to enjoy the lake