Sunday, May 04, 2008

Greetings From Isle of Palms !


So That's Why People Pay $3M to Live Here...



This weekend was a blur... I drove back to Flotown Friday - thank God, there were no accidents this time. After laundry duty Fridat night, I got up early Saturday and cut grass and dropped fertilizer for about 5 hours, then I drove to Isle of Palms to hang out with Bobby and Jean's family at the beach. It turns out that they were already downtown in Charleston, so off I went....




I made it in time for dinner at T-Bonz on Market St. , and after a little window shopping, we made it back for Jean's birthday cake. Then bed - or so I thought. I'm used to sleeping on a couch, so a pull out sofa looked good. Unfortunately, the bars were a little hard, so I slept sideways. In the next room, the kids were asleep, and one of them can't sleep without a TV or DVD on. On it, they had an Alvin & the Chipmunks DVD looped over & over & over on a Hip-Hop song. I was going to turn the volume own, but I had no idea how, and I didn't want to wake the kids up and scare them, so I decided to just go upstairs and sleep on the couch. Needless to say, i was less than my usual chipper self the next morning...




I had a good time anyway, but others might not be able to tell I did. It was nice just to get out for a day. Here's some pics....






Crashing a wedding at St. Phillips.......







Having fun with utensils and condiments....








Cade hitting the birthday cake....









Late night at Poogan's Porch...






High Tide at nearby Sullivan's Island..






.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend to me as I had three grandchildren three adults at the camp on Graham Slough for the weekend. It was a blast.

earlcapps said...

i see the white powdery stuff. you need to go easy on the coke, dude.

Anonymous said...

Sure that's not the French Hugenot Church?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Salt, Earl... It was SALT !!


I thought Bobby told me it was St. Phillip's, but I don't know. It could be. I like the English cab, like you're in a Beatles movie !!

Anonymous said...

nope, st phillips was the church down the block with the reall tall steeple. not sure which one is in the picture you took.