Thursday, May 22, 2008

Buffalo Herd Runs Amok in Bluffton, And I'm Not Kidding..



Buffalo Escape Causes Hwy 278 Closure for Hours....



Today we had one of those stories here that you wouldn't believe it if you didn't see it... Six young Bison escaped from nearby Graves Farm in Bluffton, wreaking havoc on Hwy 278 and Buckwalter for about 16 hrs. until the buffalo finally had to be shot.




It was a pretty funny story , until late this afternoon of course. They poor guys were obviously scared, and for whatever reason, authorities couldn't corral them or tranquilize them. I figure if you can shoot one, you can tranquilize one - but what do I know??




Here's the story from the Island Packet, along with a video clip of the fiasco...




.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to have a steak off of it

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I was going to say that Wild Wing now has a special on Bison Burgers, but I figured that went a bit far..

A lot of people here are pretty upset about this.

Anonymous said...

In the words of Royal T, "Just damn". What are folks upset about, whitey shooting these beasts for "grazing while buffalo?"